Kid’s Party Food: March of the Penguins
What do you know about olives? Did you realize theyre related to penguins? Aww, not really. But theyre a super idea that can be used to make really cute kids party food or even appetizers for an adult soiree. I can imagine several party themes where theyd be perfect; they make great table decorations!
Who can resist these little penguins looking as if theyre dressed up in party finery? They couldnt be easier to make. The only supplies you need are toothpicks plus these three ingredients:
- Olives, large and small
- A carrot
- Cream cheese
Thats all! It really doesnt get much easier than that.
This is what you do:
- Peel and cut the carrot into slices.
- Take a triangle notch out of each onekeep it! Youll use that piece for the beak. Whats left will form the penguins feet.
- Take another notch out of the larger olivesyou can eat it or save it for a salad later.
- Stuff each large olive with softened cream cheese (its easiest to use the edge of a table knife and then kind of smooth it with your finger).
- Use the smaller black olives for each head. Stuff the opening with the carrot beak.
- Stick the toothpick through the carrot slice feet. Slide the large olive body on next and top it off with the smaller olive head.
- Youll have just enough toothpick left sticking through the top to make it easy to pick up and eat.
Voila! You now have your very own flock of adorable penguins!
Although the kids wont care, you can feel good about serving these appetizers because olives and olive oil have a number of compounds that are considered beneficial. Theyre good for the cardiovascular system, the digestive tract, skin, hair, connective tissue, eye health and even red blood cells.
My mom always told me not to play with my food, but after we made these, we had these happy feet marching across the table. Your very own flock of adorable penguins!
Even More Kid’s Party Food Posts
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week