Key Lime Rice Krispy Treats
Who made the first Rice Krispie treats? Do you suppose they knew how popular the idea would be? I know my Sam loves them—he calls them “rispie cookies”. The way he pronounces it is so darn cute, I don’t have the heart to correct him! Anyway, these Key Lime Rice Krispies are a take-off on the familiar favorites. With their green tinge, they could be a fun addition to a monster party dessert table, too.
- Don’t miss these Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Marshmallow Pretzels for an easy and delicious treat idea for your next party.
- Enjoy the sweet and salty combination of these Caramel Cashew Cupcakes.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 stick salted butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 ounce box of powdered Lime Jell-O
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (9 full sheets–I used Honey Maid)
- 1 small jar of Marshmallow Creme (I used Kraft Jet-Puffed)
- 1 lime
- In the microwave, melt 5 tablespoons salted butter in a medium sized bowl.
- With a sharp knife, cut nine 1″ x 1″ squares of graham crackers for your garnish.
- Pulse the remaining graham crackers in food processor until they are fine crumbs.
- Add your graham cracker crumbs and 1 tablespoon sugar to your bowl of melted butter and stir to combine.
- Spray an 8” x 8” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan to form the pie crust.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan.
- Add 4 cups mini marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the Lime Jell-O powder to your melted marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Add 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal to the marshmallow mixture and stir until all the cereal is coated.
- Turn that mixture onto your graham cracker crust and use a piece of wax paper to press the cereal mixture down firmly.
- Once your treats have cooled completely, score the top so you have nine squares.
- Top each square with a dollop of marshmallow creme, a fresh lime wedge and your reserved 1″ x 1″ graham cracker squares.
Bake something sweet this season with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Check out more tasty treat ideas:
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Gingerbread Snowman Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Don’t miss Rice Krispie Treat S’mores…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week