Jalapeno Guacamole Bacon Sliders
I have been in my new house for a little over a week. We are LOVING our new home and our new city—but I am finding it difficult to find my way around both.
I need a GPS just to get myself to the grocery store—and I wish I had one for navigating the kitchen. We have moved the location of the cutlery three times and I find myself going to the wrong drawer all the time. Not to mention that we still haven’t unpacked the box that has the measuring cups and the dish rags (where can they be???).
Part of the goal of our move is to have my husband take over more of the responsibilities in our home, including preparing nightly meals.
But because he is still so focused on painting and repairs, I remain chief cook. That means our family menu is focused around ease.
The other night I made these Jalapeno-Guacamole-Bacon Sliders.
The base of the sandwich and why it works, in my opinion, is the new flavor combination in King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls.
The rolls still have that signature sweet bread taste, but there’s a spicy kick to it—which was complemented by the lovely smoothness of the guacamole.
Mike and I loved them. There are several layers of flavor so the sliders are kind of like eating at a plate-sized buffet.
Sam, my picky six-year-old, “deconstructed them” eating the buns, bacon and turkey burger (with a banana on the side).
That’s a big win in my family, so these will be on the menu again very soon!
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound of bacon
- 2 avocados
- ½ jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pepper Jack cheese slices
- Roma tomato slices
- King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls
- 1. Remove turkey from package. Place whole block of ground turkey onto a large sheet of parchment paper and roll turkey out, making a larger rectangle, about 1 ½ times longer and wider than original size. (If you bought a roll instead of the rectangular package of turkey, just divide the turkey into 12 equal pieces.)
- 2. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder.
- 3. Cut the ground turkey into 12 equal pieces.
- 4. In a skillet over medium low heat, add a little olive oil and swirl it around the pan. Cook the turkey patties 4 at a time until they reach an internal temperature of 165.
- 5. Once all the patties have been cooked, turn off the heat and wipe out the pan. Cut the rolls in half and place face down in the skillet.
- 6. Cook bacon in a separate pan until brown and crispy.
- 7. For the guacamole, in a small bowl mash avocado, lime juice, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro until well combined.
- 8. Remove rolls from the skillet and layer with Pepper Jack cheese, tomato, burger, bacon and guacamole.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week