How to Grill a Steak Indoors
One of the things I love about summer is grilling. Why am I talking about that on the cusp of winter? I’ve found a way to grill indoors—without the smoke and mess.
True confession: I am the grill master at our house. Oh, Mike has tried.
I’m remembering one time when all our invited-for-dinner company waited indoors while Mike burned EVERY piece of meat outside on the grill. I was thankful for good friends and the fast food place around the corner.
After that unfortunate event I learned I can fix all sorts of meals on the grill.
My newest discovery means I can do it year-round with easy one-minute set up, no charcoal necessary and be ready to grill in about six minutes. Clean up is simple too because of the detachable dishwasher-safe grid.
This new wonder is the Philips Smokeless Indoor Grill. Let me tell you that steak grilled this way is juicy and tender—there are even authentic BBQ marks!
Powerful infrared heating delivers an even temperature of 446F. There are special reflectors that focus the heat towards the grid which is why food cooks so evenly.
An integrated grease tray collects dripping fat so smoke and grease are minimized. In traditional grilling, it’s the fat and juices that hit coals and cause the smoke screen.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place all chimichurri ingredients in a small blender and puree until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- 2 large steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes, optiona
- Preheat grill as you prepare steaks
- Rub olive oil into one side of each steak; rub in 1-2 tablespoons of spice rub into each side. Repeat until each side has that delicious flavor worked in.
- Place steaks on grill.
- Allow steaks to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. (I took this opportunity to grill peppers and apples for a delicious side salad.)
- When ready to serve, sprinkle extra red chili flakes over steaks, followed by generous amount of homemade chimichurri sauce.
Are you imagining how great a grilled steak would taste? This is awesome…
Add the Philips Smokeless Indoor Grill to your Christmas wish list—and enjoy a bite of summer in the middle of winter.
Suggested Retail Price and availability: HD6371/94; $379.99; available at Hudson’s Bay HD6372/94; $399.99; available at Canadian Tire and Williams-Sonoma *includes chrome grill Models: HD6371/94 and HD6372/94
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week