Heirloom Honey Mustard Bratwurst Griller
I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
When the weather shifts, I always move a lot of meal prep to our outdoor grill—and it’s not so Mike has to do the cooking! I’m the one who does all the grilling in our family. Mike teases me that I’m part cave woman because I so love the extra layer of flavor that grilling adds to food. And have you ever noticed eating al fresco does something mysteriously wonderful to the appetite? I’ve been delighted with our early warmth this spring. Yeah, I decided it’s officially time to break out the grill!
I’ve happily grilled all sorts of foods in past seasons. Of course we like the typical brats, burgers, hot dogs and steak, but I discovered I also like to grill other foods—pineapple, avocado and shrimp—things I didn’t previously realize could be grilled. Although nothing beats a good ole’ burger on the grill, even I admit hamburgers can get a little…redundant. But—I just tried a new kind of burger that tastes awesome: Johnsonville Grillers.
Johnsonville Grillers are made from premium cuts of fresh pork, combined with a delicious blend of spices and herbs. They’re a bratwurst in a burger shape and they come in six different flavors. No more ordinary burgers! I can officially report they are delicious!
For our grill’s maiden voyage of the season, I went classic with the Original Bratwurst burger. I included all of the expected add-ons but when I nibbled on a naked piece of the meat, I realized they taste great as is so you really don’t need to add anything except your appetite. We all contentedly noshed through the entire stack of the grillers.
- 6 Johnsonville Bratwurst Grillers
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- honey mustard (enough for each burger)
- 6 slices of heirloom tomato
- spinach (enough for each burger)
- 6 whole wheat buns
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temp
- On a grill preheated to a medium temperature, cook the burgers from frozen, 6 minutes on each side until internal temp is 160 degrees.
- Open up each bun and slather the butter on each side. Place buttered side down on the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from grill and get down to business!
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week