Healthy Snacks for Lunch Boxes
When packing a child’s lunch, the main entrée gets a lot of attention, but sometimes we forget that packing a healthy snack is just as important. I don’t know about yours, but my children always seem to pay more attention to what comes WITH their sandwich! With that in mind, I want to share some great ideas for Healthy Snacks for Lunch Boxes that Ive discovered. Cinnamon caramel energy bites, pear chips and homemade fruit leather or granola bars are satisfyingly sweet without being full of sugar. Crunchy roasted chickpeas, parmesan garlic zucchini chips and homemade goldfish crackers are savory tastes that serve as healthy alternatives for traditional chips. Filled butterfly snack bags can hold any healthy snack. The kids will definitely be happy eating healthier when you include these lunch box snacks!
- Let them play with their food! The Strawberry Octopus snack idea is perfect for a fun after school treat!
- Pack their lunches with these Healthy Lunch Ideas to give them the fuel they will need to last the day.
1. Cinnamon Caramel Energy Bites– A sweet treat to add to your child’s lunch box that tastes good, and will also give them the energy to make it through the rest of their day!
2. Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas– A great substitute for traditional chips, these chickpeas are full of flavor and crunch that your kids are sure to love.
3. Butterfly Snack Bags– If you want to add a touch of cuteness to your child’s lunch box, these butterfly snack bags are perfect! They are filled with fruits, veggies, pretzels, and any other healthy snacks you can think of!
4. Pear Chips– Another great alternative for chips, these crispy little chips are sweet and all natural.
5. Homemade Fruit Leather– Kids love fruit leather (at least mine do!) but they are full of preservatives and who knows what else, so making them at home is a great choice.
6. Homemade Goldfish Crackers– A classic lunch box staple, goldfish crackers are yummy, and easier than you think to make at home!
7. Parmesan Garlic Zucchini Chips– If your child loves their veggies, then they will love these homemade “chips”.
8.Homemade Granola Bars– So much better than a candy bar, and just as sweet (and easy to make!)
Looking for more awesome snack ideas? Check out these snack ideas perfect for kids.
- 17 Delicious After School Snacks
- The Strawberry Octopus
- Bagel Bite Animals
- Apple Turtles
- 8 Strawberry Drinks & Snacks
What is your favorite snack to pack in your kids lunch boxes?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.