Balsamic Chicken Grilled in a Foil Packet
We love having friends over to share a meal over the barbecue. However, life is so busy with our little guys and both of us working, the meal has to be fairly easy to create or get-togethers won’t often happen. And that would be sad. Life’s too short not to share fun times with friends! Grilling chicken and fish in foil packs is so simple to put together! Plus the house doesn’t get heated up from using the oven — and you get all that yummy just-grilled flavor. Win-win-win!
- Spruce up dinner time with this Heirloom Honey Mustard Bratwurst Griller.
- Don’t miss these Veggie Grilled Avocado Tacos for a delicious summer dinner treat.
One thing that I’ve found helpful is keeping a menu list for entertaining. When I try a new dish that we really like, it goes on my list.
I have a few categories, like quick and easy, takes more time, slow cooker, etc. That way when guests are coming I don’t have to rack my brain over options and great combos. I just check my list.
One of my favorite quick solutions is to fix a foil pack on the grill. Even in the extremely hot summers we have here, we grill quite a bit. The trick is to fire up the grill, get ‘er done and then dash into the air conditioned house to eat!
Want to try my latest and greatest? Here’s a delicious grilled balsamic chicken foil pack. When you open the pack, it smells divine and it looks good with all those colorful veggies.
- 1 package chicken tenders
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- feta cheese
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients to a glass jar with a lid and shake until well combined.
- Chop all the veggies and divide them into 5 or 6 foil sheets.
- Trim the chicken tenders and lay on top of the veggies. I did about 2 chicken tenders per foil pack. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over each pack and sprinkle feta on top.
- Tightly seal the foil packs and place them on a preheated grill.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165.
Cook up some tasty summer dishes with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
For more summer party recipes, check out these great ideas…
VIDEO: Here’s an amazing dessert to go with this meal – Strawberry Cheesecake Pie…
Plus, don’t miss this Beer Marinated Grilled Chicken recipe…
And this amazing recipe for salmon, which has also been grilled to perfection in a foil packet…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.