Grilled Avocado with Fresh Mango Strawberry Salsa
Does your appetite shift with the seasons? Mine does. The higher the temperature goes, the more I gravitate toward dishes like this grilled avocado with mango-strawberry salsa–which tastes divine. Its my favorite type of cooking: all fresh ingredients. There are lots of vitamins and minerals in this dish so Id think the health benefits of this combo would be pretty impressive, too. Just the avocados boast nearly 20 vitamins per serving. The avocado tastes almost nutty when it is grilled. Partnering that nutty flavor with the zesty-sweet salsa is totally satisfying. There is something about the monounsaturated fat (thats the good kind) plus the fiber in avocados that helps you feel full longer.
- The weather is perfect outside to cook up some of these Summer Barbecue Ideas.
- Looking for something different for dessert? Don’t miss this Grilled Dessert Idea.
I make the salsa before we heat up the grill.
- 1 mango
- 10 hulled strawberries
- ¼ large red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Juice from one lime
- Chop the first four ingredients.
- Heat the grill.
- Wash the soft, ripe avocados and cut them in half. Remove the pits.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Grill with the cover down for about 4 minutes.
- Top with heaping spoonfuls of the salsa.
- Use a spoon to eat this so you dont miss a single piece!
- Most avocados you buy at the store arent ripe, but they ripen on your countertop in 4-5 days. The outside skins become dark purple, almost black and they yield to gentle pressure. Thats when theyre ready to eat. Or refrigerate.
- A ripe mango feels kind of like a ripe avocado (or peach) and it becomes sweeter and softer the longer it is at room temperature. Some mangos have a red/rosy peel, but that doesnt have anything to do with its ripeness. Put them in the fridge once theyre ripe if you dont eat them right away.
Cook up some tasty summer dishes with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Look no further for more great recipe ideas perfect for summer.
- Lobster Avocado Sandwich with Garlic
- My Favorite Summer Sandwich
- Certified Angus Beef Brand Grilled BBQ Pizza
Don’t miss Veggie Grilled Avocado Tacos…
What is your favorite summer recipe idea?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week