Green Chili Taquito Enchiladas
Back to school season is such a special time. Eager anticipation for what the new year holds is on everyone’s mind. Most kids seem excited to get back to classes, or at least, being with classmates. Most moms and dads are glad to get back to routine, too. I know I am. As much as I’ve enjoyed all the freedom this summer, I am ready to focus on business and the new opportunities just ahead.
But before we totally knuckle down on routines, I’m in favor of celebrating the beginning days of back to school. I’ve found a few simple ideas can add much to a child’s pleasure for the new season without it being a big deal to pull off.
A few things that work for us:
- Although new supplies are always part of the back-to-school routine, there’s always that one special something that excites a kid. It might be a really cool backpack, lunchbox or something for the locker, but just that one thing marks the start of the school year with extra zing.
- Welcome your favorite student home after the big first day with something unexpected like a bouquet of balloons or confetti bombs.
- Begin daily best thing/worst thing of the day conversations at the dinner table. Not only is this a great way to establish an open communication pattern, it can generate a lot of laughter and be a jumping off point for discussions.
- Prolong the excitement of the new school season with a celebratory family breakfast/brunch the first weekend after school begins.
- Sometime during the first couple weeks of school, invite best buddies/new friends (and their moms?) over for a playdate and eats.
Crispy, crunchy taquitos are a great snack for hungry kids (and parents!). This Taquito Enchilada recipe seems like something extra special for back to school mealtime and using tasty Jose’ Ole’ Chicken Taquitos makes it quick and easy, too.
Making a tasty meal like this—which doesn’t take much time—will leave you a few minutes to make the setting extra special. It’s easy to set the table with bright colors and add a few ribbon streamers. It’s an awesome way to mark a new season of great beginnings!
- 1 box Jose’ Ole’ Chicken Taquitos (why are these things so addicting?!)
- ½ cup green chili enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- red onion
- sour cream
- Evenly spread out taquitos in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Pour enchilada sauce over all and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze lime juice over the top of the taquitos.
- Use a spatula to scoop out of pan. Top individual portions with shredded lettuce, tomato, onion and sour cream.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jose Ole. The opinions and text are all mine.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week