Grapefruit Cheesecake Tart
I’m excited to partner with Sweet Scarletts to bring you this delicious, original recipe.
Have any sci-fi geeks at your house? Mike is the Number One Fan around here, yet his interest has sort of corkscrewed into my imagination. I love to cook and create in the kitchen but sometimes I wish I could walk up to a Star Trek replicator in my kitchen and say, “Food. Hot. Quick.” I suppose the replicator would demand a more accurate menu choice but some days that’s the point: I don’t feel like dreaming up or fixing a menu. I just want to eat and get on with the day. Ever feel like that?
Life has been crazy-busy around here lately and there seems to be a dearth of replicators. That leaves me still coming up with breakfast ideas that will entice my not-too-hungry in the morning crew. This week I invented a satisfying dish that tastes good, looks good and is ready in a quick hurry: Grapefruit Cheesecake Tarts.
Sweet Scarletts grapefruit is luscious! They’re sweet and juicy with just the right amount of tang. Half a grapefruit has 100% of your daily value of vitamin C for only about 60 calories. Grapefruit is also naturally fat-free, cholesterol-free and sodium-free so they’re good on their own but they are oh-so-divine when partnered with cream cheese and puff pastry!
- 1/2 package of puff pastry thawed
- 1 block cream cheese, room temperature
- 7 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Sweet Scarletts grapefruit
- 1. Separate half package of puff pastry into two and roll two flat crusts. Put them each in a loaf pan. Bake according to package instructions. Remove from oven and cool.
- 2. Mix cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until well blended. Spread on top of cooled crusts.
- 3. Slice and quarter grapefruit. Put under oven’s broiler for approximately 5 minutes. Place on top of cream cheese.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week