Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever seen one…or watched one disappear? I have. At least, I’ve seen the kind of ghost you can get your hands on. I know how to make them disappear, too. All you have to do is go to a party dessert table and watch the kids tear into the sweets! Cupcakes—ghost-shaped or not—are easy hand-held ideas that everyone seems to appreciate. They make great take-home favors, too. And just like a ghost costume, ghost cupcakes are simple to put together.
- Not sure what to serve at your next Halloween party? Check out these 17 Super Cute Halloween Party Food Ideas.
- These 22 Amazing Halloween Cupcakes are perfect for a sweet Halloween treat.
If you’re not hosting a Halloween party, these cupcakes would be great for sharing with your neighbors. A lot people only take their kids trick-or-treating at the homes of people they know, and these would make a special pass-out. You could have the cupcakes ready to hand out in small take-out boxes or make mini-carriers with paper or plastic cups. If you use a short, clear plastic cup, your ghost will show through. Just wrap it in cellophane and tie it closed with a ribbon.
Another easy cupcake transport idea entails using a slightly taller paper cup. Cut slits in equal distances about half-way down the cup. Use a hole punch at the top of each segment, then thread ribbon or twine through the holes. Place the cupcake in the cup and pull the cup edges together with the ribbon. Add a tag and tie a bow: boo-ti-ful!
- Use your favorite chocolate cake box mix.
- Prepare cupcakes according to their directions.
- Let cool completely before adding frosting.
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream till light and fluffy
1. Use giant marshmallows, cut in half.
2. Simply mound the frosting on each cupcake with a spoon.
3. Smooth around the marshmallow with a spoon or knife, to hold it in place.
4. The eyes are mini chocolate chips, pressed into the sticky side of the cut marshmallow.
Bake up a fun and spooky Halloween treat kids will love with these great sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great Halloween dessert recipe ideas.
Don’t miss Spider Web Cupcakes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week