Fiesta Chicken Enchilada
Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
“Well…” came the fumbling words and wrinkled nose. “Umm, we just had that a couple of days ago.”
He looked at me with a little trepidation, knowing Mama is much happier when he doesn’t complain about food. He’s heard my “be thankful for what you have speech” before.
But I realized he was right. Blame it on picky eaters and a stretched mom, but my menu choices have been on repeat as of late.
My son’s reaction was a good reminder to pull out some new recipes and make meal time interesting again. I found this yummy Fiesta Chicken Enchilada recipe through Publix #MyBestMeal.
Besides looking pretty—all those colors!—and having an enticing aroma, this dish is delicious.
And beginning this month you can make it even more economically than usual if you shop at Publix. Publix has a new type of rewards program: spend $50 on participating products and receive a $10 gift card to use storewide.
Every other week Publix is now emailing their newsletters to subscribers. They include recipes (like this Fiesta Chicken Enchilada), cooking tips and product recommendations to help simplify meal planning for The Best Meals Happen at Home brands.
It simplifies meal planning and you don’t have to wait for a coupon with the new rewards program. It’s a practical way for moms like me who love a good deal to stretch that grocery budget…
…and add variety that discriminating growing boys can appreciate!
Sign up for the new Publix rewards program and start saving.
- 2 cans (10 oz. each) Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, divided
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 - 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 can (8 oz.) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350. Drain 1 can of the tomatoes: reserve liquid. Combine the drained tomatoes and chicken in a large bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Place on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds to 1 minute or until softened.
- Top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the cheese and 1/4 cup chicken mixture; roll up. Place seam side down in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Combine the reserved tomato liquid, the remaining can of undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce; mix well. Pour evenly over tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and cheese melts.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week