Feta, Apple & Pecan Stuffed Chicken Breast
Raise your hand if you like feta cheese. I have both hands up! I love the soft, crumbly texture and tangy taste of feta. It is a robust pop of Mediterranean flavor that makes my mouth happy! I know were all familiar with using feta to add zing to salads and the taste is distinguished enough to be the city slicker cousin served with crackers, but I have created a feta-apple-pecan-bacon-wrapped chicken recipe that is superb, if I do say so myself. And I do! Almost everyone likes chicken but this recipe kicks chicken from the everyday meal into the serve it for special company category.
This is what I did for four servings:
FETA-APPLE-PECAN STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS, WRAPPED IN BACON
- 1 block of Nikos® Feta cheese, sliced (I used about ½ cup — you could also use the Nikos® Feta crumbles)
- 1 apple (= about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup pecans
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 chicken breasts
- Slice the feta cheese.
- Peel, core and slice the apple.
- Slightly score the outside of each chicken breast, being careful not to slice all the way through.
- Fold the chicken breast in half and stuff each breast with the feta, apple and about 5 pecans.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the stuffed breast. Use a toothpick to secure if necessary.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake @ 375* for about 35 minutes. Then, broil for 5-10 minutes, depending on how crisp you want the bacon.
If youd like more suggestions for serving feta cheese, go to the Nikos® website where you can find a great collection of recipes. They also feature wine and beer pairings that partner with the rich specialty cheeses. Of course their Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram pages also carry recipes and serving ideas.
Heres another reason youll want to visit the Nikos® Feta website: you and a guest could win a trip to Hawaii to experience the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival!
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week