Easy Puff Pastry and Tomato Appetizer
Since Im trying to limit my calorie count and eat more vegetables, I’m always looking for options that are not salad to eat as an appetizer or side dish. I came up with the idea of tomato in a very thin puff pastry and I’ve been loving it. The dish tastes delicious, its SUPER easy to make and it looks appealing, too.
- Small tomatoes on the vine (cut each in half)
- Package of puff pastry
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dried oregano, parsley and rosemary
1) In a muffin pan, add a splash of balsamic vinegar to cover the bottom of each muffin hole — and a pinch of dried oregano, basil and rosemary to each.
2) Roll out store-bought puff pastry. I keep it quite thin now because I am watching my calories right now but thicker is delicious.
3) Use a glass or cookie cutter to cut out circles. Wrap around tomato halves.
4) Drop into muffin tin, cut side down.
5) Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until puff pastry is cooked, depending on the thickness.
6) Spoon some of the balsamic vinegar over tomatoes before serving. I’ve used this as both an appetizer and a side dish with chicken and beef.
More Tomato Food Ideas