Easy Crock-Pot Shredded Beef
Party time dessert table choices are a specialty around here but today I want to share a main dish recipe. This easy crock-pot shredded beef would make a great filling for any recipe that calls for shredded beef, but a burrito-taco-enchilada bar would be especially good with a pot full of this combo. Add colorful decorations and youre ready for a hot time!
- Not sure what to make for dinner? Bake up this Easy Baked Ziti Recipe for something everyone will love.
- Check out this Meatloaf Cake with Sweet Potato Frosting for a fun and unique dinner idea.
- 1 frozen beef roast
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 hot pepper (optional)
- black beans
- chopped green or sweet Vidalia onions
- chopped fresh tomatoes
- shredded greens
- diced avocados or guacamole
- a variety of shredded cheeses that include Monterey or Pepper Jack, sharp Colby
- sour cream
- chopped black olives
- additional salsa
- purchased or homemade tortillas, either corn or flour
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup water
- Place one, whole washed hot pepper in bottom of crock-pot.
- Place FROZEN roast on top of pepper.
- Cover with 2 cups of your favorite salsa. Cook on high for 8-10 hours or on low for approximately 20 hours.
- Shred meat with a fork and use as filling for burritos, tacos, enchiladas, or any other shredded beef recipe.
- Mashed pinto beans (with bacon-yum!) and Spanish rice are great sides with this main entree. Both sides are economical and easy dishes to prepare. The mashed pinto beans are self-explanatory. For the Spanish rice, just lightly brown short grain rice in vegetable shortening; add minced onion. Sprinkle in cumin, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Cover with water and cook slowly, until dry.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Make small balls, about 1 ½ inches.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- Cook over medium heat on griddle or in frying pan, until lightly browned on each side.
Cook up a delicious meal with the help of these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Hamilton Beach 33360 Dana Gibson 6-Quart Slow Cooker
- BELLA 13996 Dots Collection Programmable Slow Cooker, 5-Quart, Teal
- Hamilton Beach 33138 Slow Cooker, 3-Quart
- Silicone Pot Holder, Trivet, and Garlic Peeler (Set of 4, Assorted Colors)
- Danibos 4-pack Silicone Pot Holder
- Lime Green Slow Cooker Pot Carrier Case
- Zebra Print Slow Cooker Pot Carrier Case
Check out these great meal ideas for more dinner time inspiration.
- 9 Make-Ahead Weeknight DInner Ideas
- 18 Ways to make Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Exciting
- Slow Cooker Nacho Bake
Plus, don’t miss 19 Easy Crock Pot Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week