Easter Cupcake Ideas
Decorating cupcakes always seems less intimidating than trying to do an entire cake. Is that just me? And eating just one, small cupcake doesn’t seem like an over-indulgence somehow. I know I’m not the only one who thinks that because I’ve had too many party guests make the same comment. Besides–it’s Easter and time to celebrate! Whether you use a cake mix, your favorite recipe or mine, be sure to include some of these cuties on your Easter dessert table and make lots of some bunnies happy!
- If you’re planning an egg hunt, check out this list of Easter party favors and supplies.
- The kids will go wild if you serve an Easter bunny pizza for dinner.
- Your sweet tooth will be satisfied with these darling and easy Easter cookies.
Decorating cupcakes at Easter seems especially easy because there are so many small, colorful candy choices available that are just right for topping off these little morsels of delight. With decorating tip sets you can easily make impressive looking frosting swirls. Whether you choose jelly beans, confetti sprinkles, malted eggs, chocolate curls, fondant or marzipan, your inner artist will revel at the creative prospect of decorating. You can also have fun choosing the baking cups; they come in all sorts of colors and patterns nowadays. Take a peek at these free Easter printables that you can use as cupcake toppers as well.
I like this recipe because you can switch it up easily by adding chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruits; I got this recipe from an old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook:
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of shortening
- 1 ¾ cups of flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons of baking power
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Start with the shortening and add all the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg and half of the milk.
- Mix it really well-about 2 minutes if youre using a mixer.
- Add the remaining milk and vanilla.
- Mix about another minute.
Only fill the baking cups about half full. Bake at 375* for 17-20 minutes. This makes about 1 ½ dozen cupcakes.
The buttercream frosting that works well for decorating is from Wiltons:
- ½ solid vegetable shortening
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoons of clear vanilla
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
If you want pure white frosting, omit the butter and use 1 cup of shortening. Also, the clear vanilla matters if you are concerned about clarity of color, otherwise regular vanilla is OK.
Check out these Easter supplies the Spaceships and Laser Beams team has sourced:
- Wilton Bunny with Jelly Bean Icing Decorations
- Wilton 2105-0818 Easter 6-Cavity Flower Pot Cake Pan
- Jell-o Jigglers Easter Mold Kit
- Wilton Comfort-Grip Easter Bunny Cookie Cutter or Wilton Comfort-Grip Bunny Cookie Cutter
- CK Products 3-Inch Egg with Happy Easter Chocolate Mold
- 12 ~ Easter Eggs Bright Cupcake Rings
- Wilton Easter Cupcake & Cookie Stencils
- Wilton Spring Garden Cupcake Baking Combo Pack Boxed Set
- Wilton Easter 12pc Mini Metal Cookie Cutter Set
Plus, get more Easter inspiration with these ideas:
- 25 Easter Themed Books
- Easy Easter Cake Pops
- Easter Cookies
- 25 Easter Crafts & Activities
- 20 Easter Baking Supplies
- DIY Monster Easter Eggs
- Bow Tie Themed Easter Birthday Party
- Easter Egg Hunt Party Idea
What Easter cupcake will you bake?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week