Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are you going on any road trips this summer? We traveled to see my Dad and my Grandma in Newfoundland. It was so good to be with them! Its a looong drive. Sam is a real trooper with a great attitude about being in the car for extended periods. I thought it might be more difficult this year because as he has gotten older it seems he wants/needs to burn off energy instead of sitting still. Butwe did it!
- Don’t miss out on these Cookies & Creme Cookie Butter Balls.
- Cook up these Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores for a fun treat everyone will love.
The ipad is a real life saver, as long as you remember to load a few movies before the trip. Because he is more mature this summer, there were more book and game options Sam could do on his own, too. The other thing that helped was to have a few snacks ready. I had fruit and veggies cut up for munching, but sometimes something sweet keeps things sweet! Because they are easy hand-helds, cookies are the perfect traveling companions. Almost everyone likes chocolate chip cookies and I think these double chocolate chip cookies yield twice the satisfied results!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses, optional
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
- Whip the butter and sugars until light and airy. Slowly incorporate the eggs (one at a time), vanilla, and optional teaspoon of molasses.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet batter slowly, and then stir in your desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Portion out 1-2 tablespoon scoops of batter onto a prepared cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- After removing from oven, allow the cookies to set for one minute before placing them on a baking sheet to finish cooling.
Create your own sweet treat with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great chocolate chip cookie recipes.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Scotcharoos
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Homemade Cookie Dough White Chocolate
Don’t miss 12 Amazing Homemade Cookie Recipes…
What is your favorite treat idea to keep kids busy on long road trips?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week