Crispy Baked Potato Chip Chicken
Life is busy. Even when (or maybe even especially when!) you decide to step back and re-focus on priorities. Since I made the decision to leave my agency work and focus on full-time blogging, I’ve discovered my days are just as busy as ever. It hasn’t taken long to get into a new rhythm that includes quite a bit of time in the kitchen. I’ve been doing a fair amount of baking and improving my cookie and cupcake decorating skills—fun stuff. But for some odd reason, Mike and Sam still think they need to eat meals!
Actually, I enjoy cooking as well as baking but I came to a quick realization that even though I’m now home more, fixing meals cannot take up a huge block of my time or I won’t reach my new goals. Most weeknight meals need to be quick and easy. I feel good about a meal heavy on fresh vegetables and a protein and then a later snack of fruit and nuts. We all like chicken and there are a lot of ways to change up the taste.
Last week I made crispy baked chicken drumsticks. My guys both gave it a thumbs up (me too!). The addition of a simple spring mix salad with a bit of crumbled feta and balsamic dressing had us enjoying an easy and satisfying weeknight meal, something that is especially welcomed during the busy holiday season.
- Make a dinner they will love with Homemade Corn Dogs.
- Busy weeknights call for this One Pot Chicken Dinner.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup of coarsely crushed, baked potato chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix egg whites and water in a small, shallow bowl.
- Put crushed potato chips in a separate shallow bowl.
- Put flour in a large, resealable plastic bag and add drumsticks. Shake until everything is evenly coated.
- Dip drumsticks into egg mixture, one at a time. Then coat them with the potato chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is done.
Cook up a delicious dinner with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack, 15 7/8″ X 9 7/8″
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set, 16 5/8 x 11
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan, Set of 3
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula, 13-Inch, Black
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great ideas perfect for a dinner party.
Don’t miss 22 Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinner ideas…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week