Christmas M&M Chocolate Cracker Toffee
Have you tried our delicious Ritz Cracker Toffee recipe? I first made it in January of this year, and already I’ve made a half dozen versions! Since it’s the perfect easy homemade candy for Christmas, I just had to come up with a Red & Green M&M Chocolate Cracker Toffee.
Let’s break this homemade cracker toffee down to its delicious components:
Buttery Ritz crackers.
Sweet and crunchy caramel.
Silky, bittersweet chocolate.
Cute and sweet M&M bits.
Combine them all and you have one delicious homemade treat!
- You don’t want to miss out on these Peppermint Stuffed Chocolate Cookies.
- Bake up this Peppermint Hot Chocolate Dump Cake for your next holiday party.
I love breaking out traditional, time-consuming Christmas cookie recipes – but there is always room in the Christmas baking schedule for a quick and easy cracker toffee – especially one that is so festive and delicious!
You’re not going to want to forget to add this to your holiday baking!
M&M Christmas Cracker Toffee
- Box of Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 chocolate chips or dark chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup M&M Holiday edition
- Preheat your oven to 425F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil to protect it from the sticky caramel layer. (This is one recipe I don’t use my silicone baking mat for – it’s way too hard to clean up!)
- Spread the crackers to completely cover the bottom of the baking tray.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, only giving a single good stir or whisk at the end.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the crackers and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Stick the baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes until the caramel is bubbly and thick.
- Meanwhile, break up the chocolate pieces and measure out your M&Ms.
- Sprinkle the chocolate overtop of the caramel layer and pop it back in the oven.
- Bake for an additional 2-2 minutes until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread the chocolate with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the M&Ms overtop of the wet chocolate.
- Place the whole thing in the fridge until the Christmas Cracker Toffee cools & hardens so that you can “crack” it into single serving pieces.
- Calories: 1416
- Sugar: 123
- Sodium: 131
- Fat: 101
- Saturated Fat: 63
- Unsaturated Fat: 30
- Trans Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 132
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 250
Serve up something sweet this holiday season with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great dessert ideas perfect for the holidays…
- 29 Candy Cane and Peppermint Recipes
- 29 Christmas Cookie Recipe Ideas
- 23 Gingerbread and Gingersnap Recipes
You do not want to miss Potato Chip Chocolate Toffee…