Christmas M&M Chocolate Cracker Toffee
Have you tried our delicious Ritz Cracker Toffee recipe? I first made it in January of this year, and already I’ve made a half dozen versions! Since it’s the perfect easy homemade candy for Christmas, I just had to come up with a Red & Green M&M Chocolate Cracker Toffee.
Let’s break this homemade cracker toffee down to its delicious components:
Buttery Ritz crackers.
Sweet and crunchy caramel.
Silky, bittersweet chocolate.
Cute and sweet M&M bits.
Combine them all and you have one delicious homemade treat!
- You don’t want to miss out on these Peppermint Stuffed Chocolate Cookies.
- Bake up this Peppermint Hot Chocolate Dump Cake for your next holiday party.
I love breaking out traditional, time-consuming Christmas cookie recipes – but there is always room in the Christmas baking schedule for a quick and easy cracker toffee – especially one that is so festive and delicious!
You’re not going to want to forget to add this to your holiday baking!
- Box of Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 chocolate chips or dark chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup M&M Holiday edition
- Preheat your oven to 425F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil to protect it from the sticky caramel layer. (This is one recipe I don’t use my silicone baking mat for – it’s way too hard to clean up!)
- Spread the crackers to completely cover the bottom of the baking tray.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, only giving a single good stir or whisk at the end.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the crackers and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Stick the baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes until the caramel is bubbly and thick.
- Meanwhile, break up the chocolate pieces and measure out your M&Ms.
- Sprinkle the chocolate overtop of the caramel layer and pop it back in the oven.
- Bake for an additional 2-2 minutes until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread the chocolate with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the M&Ms overtop of the wet chocolate.
- Place the whole thing in the fridge until the Christmas Cracker Toffee cools & hardens so that you can “crack” it into single serving pieces.
Serve up something sweet this holiday season with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great dessert ideas perfect for the holidays…
- 29 Candy Cane and Peppermint Recipes
- 29 Christmas Cookie Recipe Ideas
- 23 Gingerbread and Gingersnap Recipes
You do not want to miss Potato Chip Chocolate Toffee…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week