Chocolate Strawberry Whoopie Pies
Whether you’re hosting a big deal Valentine party and need ideas for a sweet dessert table or just celebrating with your nearest and dearest, you’ll want to serve a special treat. Something that will make their faces light up with delight. Something that makes them shout, “whoopie!”
I submit this sweet little recipe that is likely to do both.
And the thing that will also put a smile on your face? It looks and tastes special, but it is not a difficult recipe. Chocolate and strawberry are classic pairings with a color scheme that looks like it was made for Valentine’s Day.
- Need a quick dessert idea and short on time? Bake up these easy 7-Up Cookies for a delicious treat everyone will love.
- Do not miss this classic Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe.
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY WHOOPIE PIES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until well blended. Make sure that the cocoa powder is mixed in well and no “yellow” batter spots remain.
Use a muffin scoop and scoop the batter onto a greased or parchment paper covered cookie sheet. You should be able to make 16 patties with the dough (that will make a total of 8 whoopie pies). Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes. Let the pies cool completely before adding the frosting.
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons strawberry milk mix
Mix all of the frosting ingredients together well or whip together with an electric hand mixer. Place a large dollop of frosting into the middle of one of the whoopie pie patties and top with another patty. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Create a dessert that will make your Valentine’s Day extra sweet with help from these Amazon affiliate links gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great dessert recipes.
Don’t miss 14 Copycat Chocolate Bar Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week