Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf
Here’s a great idea for a fall themed, kids’ party food dessert table: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. It contains two of my favorite ingredients for harvest season menus: pumpkin and chocolate. Actually chocolate is my favorite four-season ingredient for almost anything! This recipe would also be great for a family meal treat. Doesn’t it sound yummy?
- You won’t want to miss this delicious Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe!
- You’ll love this pumpkin banana bread as well.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- 1 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F to prevent the bread from browning too soon. Spray a 9”x 5” loaf pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt together until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until combined. Whisk in the pumpkin, oil, and orange juice.
- Pour these wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together. Be sure not to over mix – there will be a few lumps. Gently fold in chocolate chips, being sure to taste a few.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, making sure to loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent the top from browning too much. Insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf – if it comes out clean with just a few crumbs, it is finished baking.
- Allow the bread to cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
- The bread will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- This recipe creates a very moist bread, and it is even better on day 2, if you can wait!
- It’s perfect for making ahead! After baking, this bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
- You can replace the chocolate chips with pecans or walnuts.
- Use this same recipe to make muffins by simply dividing the batter into a greased muffin pan and baking for 17-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Bake a treat they will love with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Check out these tasty pumpkin treats:
- Pumpkin Layer Cheesecake
- Baked Pumpkin Space Donuts
- Pumpkin Pie No Churn Ice Cream
- 17 Yummy Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
Take a peek 20 Amazing Kid-Approved Pumpkin Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week