Chocolate Buttercream Rose Cookies
Sometimes, simple is stunning – and that’s definitely the case with these Easy Chocolate Buttercream Rose Sugar Cookies.
- There is nothing sweeter then these 29 Christmas Candy Recipes.
- Plan the ultimate Christmas party with these 10 Christmas Party Food Ideas.
These rose-style sugar cookies get their elegance from a simple technique that makes the prettiest cookies in no time at all! All you need is a Wilton #2 tip and a piping bag to take your sugar cookies from plain to gorgeous in less than 30 seconds per cookie!
I’ve used this technique before on our Natural Strawberry-Vanilla Cupcakes which were actually decorated by my then-4 year old daughter, so you know this technique is super easy!
You can use homemade sugar cookies or store-bought cut-outs for this easy technique – the real winner is that homemade chocolate buttercream frosting. This frosting is so good that it makes up for store-bought cake mixes, sugar cookies, etc.
Be sure to pin this cookie decorating idea for the next time you want an easy dessert that really impresses!
Here’s your free printable for our Chocolate Buttercream Rose Sugar Cookies recipe:
- 12 sugar cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2-3 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, 2 cups of the icing sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and 1 Tablespoon of heavy whipping cream.
- Adjust the icing sugar or whipping cream to reach your desired consistency - you want smooth frosting that is not too soft.
- Fit a piping bag with a 2D Wilton tip - you will need a coupler to hold this tip in place, but I couldn't find mine since we are in the midst of packing, so a rubber band worked nicely!
- Fill your piping bag with the chocolate buttercream by placing it in a cup and folding the edges over so as to not get frosting on the upper 1/3 of the bag.
- Fill the bag 2/3 of the way full and then gather and twist the ends, securing with a bag clip.
- Place your frosting tip in the center of the sugar cookie and, while applying even pressure, swirl the frosting from the center out towards the edges of the cookie.
- Pull the piping bag up quickly at the edges to make a clean break.
- Repeat with all sugar cookies.
Bake up something sweet with these great baking sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon affiliate links)
- Standard Weight Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great cookie ideas everyone will love.
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies
- Easy Gingerbread Snowman Sugar Cookies
- Two Step Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Check out 12 Amazing Homemade Cookie Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.