Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes with Avocado Buttercream Frosting
Tis almost St. Paddys Day. Mischievous moms who might want to slip an extra vegetable into their wee ones treats will want to try this satisfyin chocolate cupcake. The green gold included in this recipe is the versatile flavor chameleon, avocado. Avocado imparts a rich moistness to baked goods without tasting like avocado but partakers receive the benefits of the fruit. Avocadoes contain 25 essential nutrients, they have a high fiber content, plus they are antioxidant boosters. The benefits include positives for the heart, eyes, skin, blood pressure, blood sugar regulation and more. Theyre even considered a natural breath freshener! Luck o the Irish? Good sense o the mom!
- Check out these 24 Free St. Patrick’s Day Printables to help make your day fun!
- Pick out the perfect book with these 25 St. Patrick’s Day Books for Kids.
- favorite boxed chocolate cake mix and the ingredients it calls for, minus the oil
- 1/3 cup of ripe, mashed avocado (to replace the 1/3 cup of oil)
Follow directions on the cake mix box, omitting the oil and replacing it with an equal amount of mashed avocado. Reduce baking time by 5 minutes. The cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 3 tablespoons of milk
Using a stand or electric mixer, mix the butter and avocado until combined and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar; add milk to the consistency you desire.
Get Ready for St. Patrick’s Day with these supplies gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Royal Blue Wilton Food Coloring
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter Set
- Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri
- St. Patricks Day Bodysuit Pant Set
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Towel
- St.Patrick’s Day Shamrock Slotted Shades
- Shamrock Temporary Tattoos
- Shamrock Light Set
- Glitter Stickers – St. Patrick’s Day Shamrocks – 44 pieces
- Shamrock Happy St Patrick’s Day Streamer Party Accessory
- Stamped Table Runner/Scarf
- Leprechaun Magnet Foam Craft Kits
Kids will love these St. Patrick’s Day themed food ideas.
Plus, check out 28 St. Patrick’s day Crafts & Recipes…
What is your favorite St. Patrick’s Day dessert for kids?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week