Cheesy Kale and Artichoke Dip
I am always looking for recipes I think will be an awesome idea for a party menu or birthday dessert table. Somehow, it seems like its easier to collect sweet selections but I think Ive found a great savory option in this recipe. Chip dips, like nacho cheese or onion and sour cream, are popular but I like the potential of this one. Kale and artichoke both have a lot of nutritional benefits and almost everyone likes cheese! Add this recipe to your next buffet and see what kinds of comments of appreciation you get.
- Check out thisCheese Pizza with Pineapple Bacon Dip for a fun take on a classic dinner dish.
- Spruce up snack time with Peppered Chicken Bites with Mango Dipping Sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, drained and chopped
- 8 cups baby kale, loosely packed
- 1/2 brick cream cheese, softened (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded or cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup additional shredded Parmesan (or mozzarella) cheese, for the top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 2-quart baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roughly chop kale and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add garlic and cook for one minute, but don’t let it brown.
- Add kale and cook until it’s wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Stir and toss constantly.
- Add the cooked kale and all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated. You can also do this with a good hand mixer.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. The outside will get hot before the center, so I stirred mine after 15 minutes.
- Uncover and top with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or mozzarella) and bake until the cheese is lightly browned. You can even turn the heat up to broil and watch it closely to speed this step up.
- Serve immediately with tortilla or pita chips.
Serve up a tasty treat at your next family get together with these great sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beam.
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great appetizer ideas perfect for your next party.
Do not miss Harvest Cheddar Guacamole Appetizer…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week