Caramel Cashew Cupcakes
I like it any time, but my craving for caramel anything gets amped up to epic proportions in the fall. Add a little salty something to that sweet caramel—so satisfying! These Caramel Cashew Cupcakes would make a delicious exclamation point on any birthday party dessert table or they’re a wonderful idea to end a fall-themed meal. I’m certain caramels are good for you. Anything that is so satisfying at least contributes to mental health! The cashew milk adds a lovely sweetness to the cupcakes and the cashews are good for you—they’re a rich source of minerals. The nuts are a less frequent allergen than other nuts. Technically, although it is a nut in the culinary sense, botanically cashews are seeds, and not true nuts.
- Serve up this Caramel Apple Pie Party Dip for a fun and delicious party food idea at your next get together.
- This Apple Funnel Cake Rings with Caramel Sauce is perfect treat for cool nights.
Total aside…but have you ever seen cashews for sale in their shells? Neither have I. I got to wondering about that. Every other kind of nut I could think of can be purchased shelled or unshelled. I looked it up and there’s a real good reason cashews aren’t sold in their shells. Their shells actually contain urushiol, the same toxin found in poison ivy! So, the urushiol is burned off in a special process and the cashews are shelled and prepared before they ever reach our stores. Isn’t that interesting? I guess that extra preparation must be why cashews can be a little pricey. So worth it!
CARAMEL CASHEW CUPCAKES
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 box pudding mix
- cashew milk
- 12 caramels
Prepare according to box directions. Substitute cashew milk for water or milk. Fill cupcake liners about halfway full. Add 1 caramel per cupcake.
- 1 stick butter
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of cashew milk
1. Combine at medium speed in mixer until fluffy.
2. Use 1M piping tip, start at the middle and work your way out to create a rose.
3. Top with melted caramel (I melted about six caramels in the microwave in 15 second bursts), one whole caramel, and salted cashew pieces.
Get set for fall baking with these great kitchen sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Check out more great recipe ideas made with caramel.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week