Black Tea & Vanilla Buttercream Latte
Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper but all opinions and warm fuzzies are my own.
Tea time. Doesn’t that sound like a sane oasis in the middle of holiday hurry and flurry? It is. And I have the solution for a perfect brew. It’s what I served for my holiday DIY this year but it didn’t turn out the way I planned.
One of my favorite parts of the holidays is get-togethers with friends so this year I decided to host a girls’ night DIY. The idea is to have a great time while you work on your Christmas projects. Kind of a two-birds with one-stone thing.
There are a couple of ways to do it. You can choose a single project—like wreaths, gift bags, or ornaments—and have the basic supplies and directions ready. Guests bring a few embellishments to share and everyone ends up with unique items that satisfy personal tastes.
Or you can provide the workspace and just have everyone bring whatever they want to work on. That’s what I did this time.
Of course, even a low-key DIY holiday get-together must include a sweet treat! Keeping it simple, I picked up plain sugar cookies to go with Pure Leaf Black Tea Vanilla when I was at Kroger.
Pure Leaf Tea has loose leaf and bagged tea in new Black Vanilla and Green Mint flavors. I’m really big into tea lattes right now. They are so delicious and somehow feel “lighter” than espresso lattes.
The Pure Leaf, long-leaf teas are made with real fruit pieces, petals, and herbs. They’re picked, rolled, dried, and blended from quality tea estates which are part of the Rainforest Alliance, committed to sustainability in India, Kenya, Indonesia and Sri Lanka.
Drink them hot or cold and you get a taste of the exotic, right in your own kitchen. Drink them with friends during the Christmas season and you’re almost guaranteed to have a fun afternoon.
That’s what we did. A couple of the ladies brought knitting but everyone else ended up sipping tea, nibbling cookies and laughing the afternoon away. No one finished a project and no one cared!
Buy ready-mades or bake your favorite sugar cookies and top them with this rich Black Tea Vanilla buttercream. Serve them with Black Vanilla Tea lattes. So good.
Tea, cookies, and a roomful of girlfriends is a perfect recipe for holiday fun!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla tea bag
- seeds from ½ of a vanilla bean
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Brew tea bag in hot water; let set covered until cool.
- In bowl of stand mixer, whip butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt and seeds from the vanilla bean.
- Gradually add tea and whip on high until fluffy.
- Place in pipping bag; pipe onto sugar cookies.
- 1 ½ cups of hot water
- 2 Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla tea bags
- 4 ounces half and half
- raw sugar (optional)
- Place two tea bags in hot water and cover. Let tea steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour half and half into small microwaveable jar (a mason jar works well). Screw on lid and shake well. Remove lid; microwave on high for 20 seconds or until hot.
- Remove tea bags; pour half and half into tea. Scoop foam onto top of latte; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- For slightly sweetened latte, add 1 teaspoon raw sugar.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week