Baked Spaghetti Recipe
With Christmas behind us, I’m getting ready to kick off the new year. Our family has been in a season of adjustment the last few months. I anticipate that this trend will continue in 2017 with new projects and commitments. Because of this, I need wholesome, quick meals that all my boys will enjoy. This delicious baked spaghetti recipe fits the bill!
- Your taste buds will thank you for these 23 Quick and Easy Healthy Family Dinner Ideas.
- Need a fast meal? You’ll find it with these 23 Dump Recipes to Save You Time.
All my boys love pasta dishes. This twist on classic spaghetti is sure to become an often requested favorite in our house.
Now that the boys are getting older, I love that I can also have them help more and more in the kitchen. This is a great way for us to bond — plus it eases my load!
There are yummy veggies hidden in this recipe. You could puree more to add to the sauce even if you want to really pack them in. Can you tell that’s one of my favorite methods for getting the good stuff in my boys? 🙂
This baked spaghetti recipe also makes a lovely presentation, so it’s a great option to serve your dinner guests as well.
Look at all that lovely, bubbly cheese! Yum!
Served with hot, buttery garlic bread and a fresh salad, this is the perfect meal for any evening.
- 3-5 cups cooked spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized *** OPTIONAL
- 1 cup tomato spaghetti sauce
- 1-3 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese plus extra for serving
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook your meatballs in a frying pan according to package directions and boil your spaghetti to el dente, according to package directions.
- ***Spiralize your zucchini with a spiralizer***
- Drain the spaghetti and place back in the pot.
- ***Add in the zucchini and toss to mix***
- Stir in the tomato sauce and season to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Pour the spaghetti into your casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Cook until the cheese is melted, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and parsley overtop and serve.
- Calories: 1167
- Sugar: 31
- Sodium: 1910
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 195
- Protein: 49
- Cholesterol: 50
Take a peek at these other delicious, quick meal ideas from some of my favorite Creative Foodies…
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Zoodles from Mom Endeavors
- One Pan Salmon & Vegetables from Mom Endeavors
- Tomato & Jalapeño Tuna Stuffed Avocados from See Vanessa Craft
- Paleo Cincinnati Chili from Play Party Plan
- Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowls from Happiness is Homemade
- Chicken Cranberry Lettuce Wraps from Printable Crush
- Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce from Ashlee Marie
- Instant Pot Wendy’s Copycat Chili from A Night Owl Blog
- Easy Baked Shrimp Foil Packets from See Vanessa Craft
- One Pan Chicken Cacciatore from Happiness is Homemade
- Paleo Almond Chicken from Play Party Plan
- Fresh Nectarine Salad Recipe from Printable Crush
- Lemon Herb Salmon from Ashlee Marie
- Southwest Tortilla Salad from A Night Owl Blog