Bailey’s S’mores Homemade Ice Cream
Are you a foodie? If so, like me, you probably enjoy new tastes, new recipes. I love finding culinary genius, which is what makes scrolling through posts on Tablespoon so great. They always inspire and I usually discover a crave I didn’t know I had!
For example, I love ice cream. It has got to rank right up there on the hit chart of desserts. There are many, many awesome flavors for everyone to choose from…but some are only for kids. No bubble gum or Superman flavors for me, thanks.
But this Bailey’s S’mores Ice Cream? Whether you serve it in a dish or on a cone, it’ll bring out little kid delight in every big kid adult! Kind of the taste of summer camp…gone naughty. Yum!
- 1 ¼ cup half and half
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 5 beaten medium egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup Bailey’s
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 package graham crackers, crushed
- 1 bottle of chocolate hard shell
- In a medium saucepan with the heat off, stir together flour and sugar.In a separate bowl, beat eggs, half and half and Baileys.
- Pour into sauce pan with sugar and flour and turn heat on to medium low. If lumps occur, use a whisk and gently whisk until smooth. Be careful not to let mixture boil, or curdling will occur.
- Once mixture has thickened, remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Press plastic wrap down onto the top of the mixture. Allow to cool in the fridge for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- In the bowl of your ice cream maker, prepared according to manufacturer’s directions, pour chilled custard into machine and turn on. After 10 minutes, add 4-5 dollops of marshmallow fluff. Don’t add all at once, but drop each dollop in a few seconds apart. Let run for another 10 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in hard shell, a little bit at a time. Make sure the shell has time to harden before you add more. The machine will break up the chocolate into little pieces. Add as much or as little as you want.
- Allow machine to run for another 10 minutes. If the shell hardens on the edges of the machine, stop and scrape down the sides.
- Add the remainder marshmallow fluff one dollop at a time. Also add crushed graham crackers. Let the machine run for another minute, which will create marshmallow and graham ribbons throughout the ice cream.
- Turn off the machine and serve immediately or place in a freezer-safe container until ready to serve. Allow to soften slightly before serving.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week