A&W Root Beer BBQ Ribs
Mike and I love to have friends over for a great cook-out. This summer, I know company and grilling is going to happen even more often. Our new home is across the street from an awesome beach. Sam is especially enamored of “his” new playground. I am so glad we moved!
Some days we take our dog, Cassie, for beach walks. Some afternoons Sam and I hang out on the sand, building domes, car tunnels, and memories. And although the water isn’t that warm yet, sometimes Sam just has to get in the water. I’m happiest if I only get wet up to my knees but Sam assures me I’ll want to swim more on really hot days. He’s probably right.
Friends were coming over last weekend so while I was at Walmart last week I picked up ingredients for A&W® Root Beer Ribs. So delicious! And there’s a Walmart rewards program that’s running from June 1st through August 31st that leaves a little bit more in your pocket to spend on fun summer moments.
This is how it works:
By purchasing $10 of 7UP® (or other qualifying brands) and CHEX MIX® (any combination, must buy minimum of 1 of each) in one transaction at Walmart between 6/1/16 and 8/31/16, you can receive a $5 Fandango Reward. Upload your Walmart receipt to flavorfunrewards.com/signup to qualify.
That’s not all! Send the same Walmart receipt to flavorfunbonus.com, where you can also receive a bonus $5 Fandango Reward. Wait for up to 48 hours for the email in which you will receive your reward codes.
Any way you go at it, the budget gets stretched and summer fun multiplies!
- ½ liter A&W
- 1 rack of pork back ribs
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 t pepper
- A&W BBQ SAUCE
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 cloves of diced garlic
- ¼ cup A&W
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 T brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T chili powder
- ¼ t cayenne
- ½ t pepper
- In a roasting pan, place rack of ribs and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain root beer and add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Right before the ribs are done, preheat the grill. Once the grill is hot enough, lower the heat on one side.
- Place the ribs on the cool side of the grill and baste with BBQ sauce. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Flip the ribs over and baste the other side and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AMP Agency. The opinions and text are all mine.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week