Hot Chocolate Cheesecake with GayLea Real Whipped Cream
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Valentine’s Day has always been a fun holiday in our house, especially now that we have Sam. The day starts with heart shaped pancakes and every year, I work hard to make sure that both my guys feel special and loved on Valentine’s Day. It’s a great chance for us to talk to Sam about what love is, especially now that he’s getting a little older and understands more. He is so kind hearted, it’s not a hard concept for him to understand.
This year, I want to make something extra sweet for us to all enjoy together. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sharing food so I am going to be making a no-bake hot chocolate cheesecake they we can enjoy with three spoons. It’s rich and delicious and topped with marshmallows, chocolate chips and GayLea real whipped cream – just like a real mug of hot chocolate. It’s simple to make and the result is a real WOW!
How to Make Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
– 1/4 cup of chocolate wafer crumbs
– 1 tablespoon of Gaylea butter
– 1 brick of cream cheese
– half can of sweetened condensed milk
– 4 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
– Gaylea Real Whipped Cream, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips to top
1. This is a really simple recipe to make. For the “crust” you will only need about 1/4 cup of chocolate wafer crumbs and about a tablespoon of Gaylea butter melted. Mix together until well blended. Take half the mixture and press it into the bottom of your mug.
2. The cheesecake is made by blending 1 brick of cream cheese with 1/2 a can of sweetened condensed milk. When all the lumps are out, melt 4 tablespoons of chocolate chips and blend into the mixture.
3. Because mugs are so tall, I really feel like this cheesecake needs layers to add some interest. Start with the aforementioned crust, then add a layer of cream cheese mixture; then layer in the rest of your chocolate wafter crumbs from step 1; add more cream cheese mixture. Then a layer of mini marshmallows and chocolate chips; top it with the cream cheese mixture until you are flush with the top of the mug. Let the entire thing set overnight.
4. Before you’re ready to serve: top the hot chocolate cheesecake with Gaylea real whipped cream, as well as mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Sooo good.
If you’re looking for something special to enjoy this Valentine’s Day, this hot chocolate cheesecake topped with GayLea whipped cream could be your perfect treat! Visit GayLea on Pinterest for more Valentine dessert inspiration. Plus, find GayLea on Facebook.
You’ll also want to try these awesome Hot Chocolate on a Stick!