Chicken and Chickpea Salad Recipe
Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper, but as always, all opinions are my own.
What do potato salad, devilled eggs, BLTs, chicken salad, and Buffalo chicken cheese dip have in common?
They’re all on my families’ list of favorite tastes. Yours, too?
I think it has something to do with the creamy goodness of mayonnaise. It seems to show up on the best-dressed dishes with great regularity!
What makes mayonnaise so good? Hellmann’s Organic Mayonnaise (or Best Foods, depending on where you live) includes organic cage-free eggs, organic expeller-pressed oil but no artificial flavors or preservatives.
From now until February 26th there’s a 20% off Target Cartwheel offer so you have no excuse for not buying Hellmann’s better quality ingredients for your family. Also, check your newspapers for a save $1 coupon when you buy two Hellmann’s products.
Hellmann’s Organic Mayonnaise is available in three flavors: original, roasted garlic and spicy chipotle. Yum!
And if you prefer vegan, Hellmann’s Vegan Dressing has got you covered, too. Or…more accurately, got your salad covered.
As for me and mine, we love this chicken and chickpea salad. It’s just one of the hundreds of ways to enjoy chicken. The distinct flavor of chickpeas is enhanced with the greens, feta, fresh mint, and onion. The goodness of mayonnaise crowns it for a delightfully fresh and satisfying meal.
This salad is a quick fix, too. Some days that means everything!
CHICKEN & CHICKPEA SALAD
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumbers
- 1 container (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods Organic Original Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- Combine chicken, chickpeas, cucumber, feta, Hellmann’s Organic Original, mint, onion and lemon juice in large bowl. Add spinach and toss gently.
- Calories: 1744
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 2771
- Fat: 98
- Saturated Fat: 29
- Unsaturated Fat: 61
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 87
- Protein: 130
- Cholesterol: 370