3 Sandwich Recipes That Will Scare You — in a Good Way!
Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
OK—it’s back-to-school season and ready or not, that means back to routines! At our house, part of that means coming up with dinner solutions that taste good and don’t take forever. Dinner doesn’t have to be a full course meal. With sports practice and school activities, who has time for that every night? As long as we have family time around the table, we’re good to go.
I’ve decided this year we’re not eating the same ole’ boring menus. I’m going to be creative…be adventuresome…make something strangely delicious.
Ever heard of a Strangewich? I hadn’t either! But if you check out Hellmann’s Strangewich recipes you’ll get it. Unique taste combos that might make you wonder why you didn’t think of it yourself.
My boys LOVE it when I make breakfast for dinner. So how about a Yolo Brunch Sandwich? It makes the best of both meals.
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 8 slices frozen French toast, prepared according to package directions (I used French bread)
- 8 fried eggs
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with syrup; evenly spread on one side of French toast/bread.
- Top 4 slices with fried eggs, cheese and bacon. Drizzle with additional maple syrup if desired. Top with remaining slices French toast/bread.
Here’s a super-quick strangewich: Avocado Toast. The creamy kick definitely says something more than “ho-hum”.
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 4 slices whole grain or pumpernickel bread, toasted if desired (I didn’t)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with Sriracha in small bowl. Spread evenly on bread.
- Top evenly with avocado. Garnish, if desired, with sliced almonds and chopped parsley.
And if your kids aren’t up for anything too unusual, try this fresh twist on ham and cheese. The pineapple adds a lot of happy wow at my house.
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 slices grilled or toasted Tuscan bread (again, I didn’t want toasted)
- 3 slices deli ham
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 slices fresh or canned pineapple
- Evenly spread Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise on one side of bread slices.
- Top 1 slice with ham, cheese and pineapple, then remaining bread slice.
Another happy wow is if you get yourself to Target between now and November 26, you can pick up two Hellmann’s/Best Foods for $7. Nothing strange about that!
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week