10 Fun Things To Do After School
Are your kids getting stir-crazy? I know people don’t truly hibernate, but there is definitely something that shifts with the seasons. I’m thinking spring fever is a real thing! After Sam gets home from school, he is usually a little tired, yet so ready for active play. I’ve found a snack and a little down time seem to re-energize him for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
That slice of time when Sam first gets home is so precious to me. It’s a great opportunity to hear about his day and do a little something fun together before the dinner hour and evening routines. A quick, healthy snack is usually on the agenda and then we try to do something fun.
Sam has been my kitchen buddy for quite a while now. He’s used to “working” on posts with me so he’s always ready for a trip to Walmart ‘cause he knows we’ll be choosing something yummy. This last time we picked up Mott’s® Apple Cherry Juice for our after-school snack and I let him choose the Mott’s® Healthy Harvest fruit sauce cups and their Medleys assorted fruit flavored snacks, too. “Quick, easy, and healthy, huh Mom?” He knows what I look for!
Cream cheese and peanut butter crackers make a great (quick and easy!) accompaniment, especially with the Mott’s® Apple Cherry Juice.
CREAM CHEESE & PEANUT BUTTER CRACKERS
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/page/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- whole wheat crackers
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese, peanut butter, honey and cinnamon.
- Using a hand mixer (or a vigorous spoon swirl), mix until ingredients are combined and filling is smooth.
- Slather filling on a cracker and place another on top. Licking fingers is completely acceptable.
After snacks we have time to choose something fun to do together. This is our current list of choices:
10 FUN THINGS TO DO AFTER SCHOOL
- Make—and eat—a snack
- Fly a kite
- Go outside and get moving: trampoline, pick-up ball game, jump rope, obstacle course, etc.
- Build a “secret” fort
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Play favorite music and everybody dance
- Work an on-going project: puzzle, LEGO, model, etc.
- Choose a book series and read-aloud a couple of chapters per day
- Build/paint birdhouses (or other yard art)
- Practice sports skills
Mott’s® is currently hosting a contest with a $100 e-gift card to Walmart as the prize. You can enter from today — May 2 — to June 2. Just take a photo and make a Twitter/Instagram post to share why you think Mott’s® is your perfect partner for meal time — just be sure to use the hashtags #MottsMoments and #sweepstakes. (In order to participate in the contest all participants MUST register on the website ( http://mottsmoments.socialtwist.com/ ) and then post a photo that includes both campaign hashtags.) Sounds like a great cure for spring fever!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mott’s®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week