Party Crafts and DIY
Witch Hat Button Craft
Need a seasonal craft to keep the kids happily busy? This witch hat button craft should not be difficult. There is no drawing or painting but kids do need to be old enough to handle a low temp glue gun, with your supervision. Alternately, regular glue could be used but of course drying time will take longer. You could even just have the kids separate your button stash while you do the project yourself!
If you’re not a fan of the buttons, you can simply print and frame the hat for a super quick and easy Halloween decoration.
- These 10 Easy Halloween Party Crafts for Kids are the perfect way to celebrate Halloween with kids.
- Kids will love creating these 8 DIY Halloween Trick or Treat Buckets to carry on Halloween night.
- Witch Hat Button Printable (printed on card stock and cut to 8×10)
- Buttons – black, orange and white
- I prefer Favorite Findings buttons added to random buttons I have in my collection.
- Hot Glue
- 8 x 10 frame
- Old toothbrush (optional)
Note: Begin with your “boring buttons” as those will most likely get covered up with another layer of buttons. Set your “fun” and “special” buttons aside to use on the top layer.
1. On a flat surface, begin to glue your buttons onto your template. Overlap the outline with your buttons. You can lay them all out and then glue or glue as you go. Don’t get overly concerned with the gaps on the first layer, you can fill those in on the second layer!
2. Add a second and even third layer of buttons and fill in those gaps mentioned earlier.
3. When you’re satisfied with your creation, and the glue is set, you can use a dry toothbrush to lightly “scrub” each button to remove all of the hot glue string. This will also ensure you have each button glued on.
4. To frame, take apart your frame and place the card stock in front of the glass, then close up the frame and display!
Keep little hands busy this Halloween with these spooktacular craft ideas gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Monster Magnet Craft Kit – Crafts for Kids & Magnet Crafts
- 500 Assorted Halloween Foam Craft Stickers – Self Adhesive Shapes
- Pumpkin Decorating Craft Kit – Craft Kits & Projects & Decoration Crafts
- Martha Stewart Crafts Glittered Spider Silhouettes
- Shrinky Dinks Halloween Fun
- Martha Stewart Crafts Halloween Friendly Acetate Die-Cuts
- Foam Halloween Masks – 12pk
- Halloween Reflector Pin Craft Kit – Crafts for Kids & Jewelry Crafts
- Halloween Foam Stickers Set – 200 per pack
- Halloween Owl Ornament Craft Kit (1 Dozen)
- Martha Stewart Crafts Burlap Treat Bags, Animal Masquerade
- Halloween Character Foam Picture Frame Craft (24 Pieces Per Package)
- Halloween Punch Balloon (16-Pack)
- Halloween Reflector Pin Craft Kit (12 Pins)Green Monster/Scary Pumpkin/Candy Corn
- Martha Stewart Crafts Silicon Molds, Spooky Halloween
Get more Halloween crafting inspiration with these great ideas!
- 11 Boredom Busting Halloween Crafts for Kids
- 10 Pool Noodle Hacks for Halloween
- 11 Halloween Decorations you can Make in Minutes
Plus, don’t miss 9 Paper Plate Halloween Crafts for Kids…
Stephanie is in love with a boy named Sam. He has taught her that it's okay to jump first and look later, to wear a dirty shirt to the park and to decide that today is a good day to take a nap in your rubber boots. She hangs out here blogging at Spaceships and Laser Beams and at our printable party shop on Etsy.