Party Crafts and DIY
Homemade DIY Batman LEGO Soap
This post is sponsored by Warner Bros.
Sam has already decided the theme for his 8th birthday party. The party that is in July. It’s going to be LEGO Batman. Yes, he is that pumped about a movie he hasn’t seen. It opens in theaters on February 10th.
To be honest, he’s not the only one in our family who is excited about it. We all loved The LEGO Movie. I’m sure
we’ve seen it 50 times. The fact that Mike and I love Will Arnett from Arrested Development, who plays LEGO Batman, adds interest.
We’ve watched every trailer and sneak peek multiple times now. In the same irreverent spirit of fun that made The
LEGO Movie a worldwide phenomenon, it looks like The LEGO Batman Movie promises to entertain.
This time around there are big changes brewing in Gotham and if Batman (Arnett) wants to thwart The Joker’s (Zach Galifianakis) hostile takeover, he’ll have to learn it takes a team to build a hero. Michael Cera, Rosario
Dawson and Ralph Fiennes also add their vocal talents to the ensemble.
Based on that story line, Sam’s not the only one who thinks the LEGO Batman theme will make a great theme for his birthday!
Like most kids, Sam loves to pretend. Whether it’s a damsel or a stuffed animal in distress, he’s your man. I can’t even count how many times he has used his super powers to save the world! I know many moms who are
rescued by their young superheroes.
From what I’ve seen in the party world and in Sam’s circle of friends, creative celebrations with hands-on activities are always a success, too. One of the best toys for that is LEGO. Kids love friendly building competitions and team collaboration.
So, combine those facts with a LEGO Batman movie themed party and it’s a total winner!
We’ve already started thinking of celebration ideas and decided to make BATH SOAP as a party favor. We picked it because Sam and I have so much fun making things together and the LEGO Batman Movie mini-figures take the coolness factor up about 10 notches.
I made a simple LEGO Batman movie printable to wrap around the soap once it is hardened and cooled. You can download it here.
We practiced making the soap the other night and Sam is in love with using it. He actually wants to wash his hands — which is HUGE for a boy.
Here’s what you do to make your own….
- Olive Oil Melt & Pour Soap Base (find it at your local craft store)
- Silicone Soap Molds
- LEGO Figurines
- Cut out a half block of Olive Oil Melt & Pour Soap Base from the container. To make the melting process smoother, cut the soap base into smaller squares.
- Put the soap into a microwave safe bowl; microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and quickly stir. The entire soap base should be melted, but if it’s not, put it back in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Once soap is completely melted, pour just a little into silicone molds, making sure to cover the mold bottoms. Place LEGO figurines into the molds. Quickly pour rest of the soap base over the LEGO; let set for 2 hours.
- Download our free printable and wrap it around the BATh Soap.
- Of course you don’t have to wait for a birthday party to enjoy The LEGO Batman
- Movie or make BATh Soap. Super moms know great entertainment makes any day the happiest day of all!
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week