Party Crafts and DIY
15 Unique Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
However they’re wrapped, it’s fun to give (AND get) presents! You can simply pick a roll of paper and go at it, or you can try some of these unique gift wrapping ideas I’ve found! I’m in love with the Cozy Sweater DIY, Mini Wreath Wrapping, DIY Christmas Tree Gift Toppers, Reindeer Pom Pom Gift Wrap, and Photo Wrapping Paper. Your presents will be sure to stand out with the Gift Bow Santa, Christmas Wrappings, Washi Tape Gift Wrap, Holly Jolly Reindeer Prints, and the Snowman Clippie. If you’ve got a little spare time and some DIY determination, try out the DIY Embroidered Gift Paper, Cupcake Liner Gift Toppers, Snowflake Cutout Gift Topper, DIY Polka Dot Paint Wrapping Paper, or Wax Paper Bow. Your gifts will look like pieces of art!
- Kids will love filling out and sending these 20 Free Printable Letters to Santa.
- Deck your tree with one of these 13 Homemade Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make.
1. Gift Bow Die Santa :: Craftin Owl, Inspired by Pinterest craft from Claire Dean
Seeing a Santa bow on top of a gift will bring a smile to the lucky recipient! This tutorial walks you through using a paper punch and die cuts to create jolly old Santa.
2. Christmas Wrappings :: 33 Shades of Green
Brown paper packages wrapped up in patterned paper, ribbon and glittered tags will be amongst your favorite things after you glimpse at this cute wrapping idea.
3. Mini Wreath Wrapping :: Odessa May Society
Add a mini wreath to your package by clipping a few evergreen sprigs and hot gluing them to a paper circle. It looks amazing tied on to a butcher paper wrapped with some red and white twine.
4. Washi Tape Gift Wrap :: The Sweetest Occasion, Submitted by Pure Joy Events
Who knew washi tape could be used in so many fun ways to dress up gifts for the holidays? Loads of ideas can be found, including a washi tape bow!
5. Holly Jolly Reindeer Prints :: Splash of Something
Kids can get in on the gift wrapping action with this adorable holly jolly reindeer prints wrapping paper idea! Their little fingers dipped in craft paint make for some pretty cute reindeer heads. Just draw on antlers and eyes and glue on a red pompom nose for the cutest wrap job in town!
6. Snowman Clippie :: The Hair Bow Company
Decorating gifts with an embellishment that can act as a second gift is a win-win! This snowman clippie makes for a cute package accent, but can be removed from the wrapping upon opening to be a fun winter hair clip for the recipient!
7. DIY Embroidered Gift Paper :: Little Empty Room
So simple, yet gorgeous, you will love the finished look of this DIY embroidered gift paper! All you need is a needle and twine (plus brown Kraft paper).
8. Cupcake Liner Gift Toppers :: Family Chic
If you knew how easy 10 cupcake liners could be transformed into the cutest cupcake liner gift toppers, you’d be own cupcake liners in every color!
9. DIY Christmas Tree Gift Toppers :: Fellow Fellow
Round up some sticks from your yard and embroidery thread from your craft stash to diy these Christmas tree gift toppers! They are adorable and oh-so-simple!
10. Snowflake Cutout Gift Topper :: Perle Dame (Pearl Ladies World)
Easy enough that kids can even help, these snowflake cut-out gift toppers are just made from thin sheets of paper (white or colored)!
11. Photo Wrapping Paper :: Capturing Joy
If you love family photos, this photo wrapping paper will definitely be right up your alley!
12. DIY Polka Dot Paint Wrapping Paper :: Le idee della Vale
Easily dress up plain old wrapping paper with painted polka dots using this great tutorial!
13. Wax Paper Bow :: Whipperberry
No bow? No problem! Wax paper, a simple according fold, a few snips with the scissors and some fluffing will give you one awesome wax paper bow!
14. Reindeer Pom Pom Gift Wrap :: The Proper Pinwheel
Pompom paper is the new trend. Make your own using a reindeer stamp and a cute pompom nose added.
Get the items (Amazon affiliate links): reindeer stamp (similar), red pompoms, brown kraft paper, kraft gift tags and sisal twine.
15. Cozy Sweater DIY :: Lonny, Shared from Boxwood Clippings
Chances are pretty good that you have some old sweaters laying around that are too small, stained or snagged. Don’t throw them out quite yet! This cozy sweater DIY may just add a little extra swag to your gift wrapping game this year!
Get crafty this holiday with these great gift wrapping ideas gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams…
(Amazon affiliate links)
- Gift Wrap Organizer
- Gorgeous Glow in the Dark 28 Piece Gift Bag Set
- Luckies of London Gift Wrap Characters (Adorable!)
- Chalkboard Gift Wrap
Don’t miss these great ideas for more festive holiday fun…
- 11 Awesome Homemade Gifts You and Your Kids Can Make
- 28 Christmas Crafts Made from Toilet Paper Rolls
- 10 Unique Ways to Display Christmas Cards
Don’t miss 8 Genius Christmas Wrap Storage Ideas…
Plus, check out 20 Hacks for Holiday Entertaining…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week