Vintage Rudolph Christmas Birthday Party Ideas
Yikes! Does it seem like this Christmas season is dashing through a time-warp for you, too? In this already busy season Mike and I have had to hit the pause button while we’ve dealt with the flu. No fun but we’re back at life now, thankfully. If you’ve been busier than you planned for, too, and still need inspiration for a Christmas season boy’s birthday or a holiday bash, take a look at these darling, vintage Rudolph themed printable ideas from Kim at TomKat Studios – this party has always been one of my favorties! You’ll find invitations, decorations and lots of party ideas for dressing up your cake and dessert table. Laura Winslow Photography has captured everything merry and bright!
- Check out these 200+ free Christmas printables — there is something for everyone with decorations, tags, and printable artwork.
- Take a peek at this darling Santa’s Workshop Kid’s Christmas Party idea that is sure to please any little ones!
Using polka dots, stripes and a combination of patterns always creates a fun, energetic vibe. A fabric backdrop is an easy way to introduce temporary color and pattern. The ornaments banner used here could also morph into a happy birthday banner by adding the alphabet medallions. If you have cubby storage, filling the bins with complementary colors adds to the party atmosphere.
I love this birthday cake with large polka dots. Put it up on a pedestal as Kim has done. Embellish it with a Rudolph medallion and you’re good to go. If you don’t have a pedestal collection, use (new) garden pots upside down and put plates on top. A couple of adhesive dots keep them secure and can be peeled off after the party (I’ve been using those adhesive dots in a lot of my temporary decorating—great invention!).
HERE ARE MY FAVORITE STYLING TIPS FROM THIS PARTY:
- Print off the Rudolph image and stick him in a frame for easy, graphic appeal.
- Add ribbons to jars and serving pieces for more color. Cake pops dipped in colored chocolate and dusted with sprinkles are festive.
- After baking, pop cupcakes in secondary wraps for more party finery; top them with merry medallions and sprinkles.
- Place cards on a guest table make guests feel welcomed because they see they have been specifically planned for.
- Swirly lollipops are another way to add color to your party table plus they’re great take-home favors.
The TomKat Studio’s 10 printable PDF files for this vintage Rudolph theme include: an invitation/menu card, a variety of design and size party circles, favor tags, alphabet and number circles, fancy labels, gift tags, banner, letter to Santa and a wish list.
Visit Kim at TomKat Studio on Pinterest for more great ideas.
Love the look of this Christmas party? Get it with these ideas we’ve sourced:
- Red Polka Dot Treat Box
- Red and White Polka Dots Reversible Cupcake Wrappers
- Polka Dot Cardstock Tags
- 8 Count Green Polka Dot Treat Boxes
- Old River Road Reindeer Shape Cookie Cutter
Get more Christmas party ideas & inspiration:
- 3 Easy DIY Christmas Craft Ideas
- Oreo Truffle Recipe + Free Christmas Printable
- Kids Christmas Birthday Party Ideas
- 17 Great Christmas Movies for the Whole Family
- Easy DIY Christmas Gift Boxes
- Most Popular Baby & Toddler Toys
- Caroling Themed Family Christmas Part
- Reindeer Stirrer Sticks Craft
- 12 Popular Christmas Music Ideas
- 44 Christmas Gift Ideas for Boys Ages 2-5
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week