Vintage Gone Fishing Boys Birthday Party
Get ready to cast your eyes on some reel-ly great vintage Gone Fishing boys’ birthday party ideas from Autumn, of Autumn Lynns Chocolate Sins. Autumn lured party guests in with her use of vintage fishing themed printable party decorations by Dimpleprints and hooked them with her sweet grub display.
- Hooked on a fishing theme for your next event? Be sure to check out these 20 fishing themed birthday party ideas.
- Tackle your fishing party planning with ideas found in this fishing birthday party .
When you have two boys born 6 days a part, a joint birthday party is a great way to save on time, resources and sanity! After Autumns boys chose a gone fishing birthday party, Autumn decided a vintage spin on a classic party theme would best capture the feel she was going for. In an attempt to tackle the vintage vibe, she wanted to incorporate plaids and rustic elements, but also have a colorful event. Casting a wide net, Autumn began searching everywhere for fishing items for the theme. She hooked some great finds and brought home huge lures, gone fishing signs, a tackle box, fishing net and vintage soda crates. I love seeing all of these items used throughout the party.
Keeping with the rustic feel, Autumn used an old piece of fence as her dessert table and allowed her actual fence to serve as the backdrop. She added a worn fishing net, a printable Happy Birthday banner and some oversized lures which helped tie the theme together. One of my favorite dessert table backdrop ideas is the oversized DIY bobbers Autumn made by painting Chinese lanterns. Arent they amazing?
I dont know about you, but Id like to cast my own line and hook myself a few of the creative desserts Autumn had on display. First off is the amazing tackle box cake by Sugar Rush Stuff. Based on a picture Autumn sent, the cake was everything her boys had wished for. It even featured a fish that matched the printable designs. Next is an incredible real tackle box display Autumn created to display embellished numbers representing her boys agessuch a personal touch! I love how Autumn filled the drawers of the tackle box with catch of the day chocolate covered Oreos, colorful gummy worms and fishing reels cleverly made from Tagalong Girl Scout cookies and marshmallows (I think I want a fishing party for my next birthday just so I can order these from Autumn!). But that isnt all. Autumns oldest son helped devise an extensive menu. He requested cake pop bobbers, bass chocolate lollipops, popcorn and dirt pudding. I really loved the presentation, with many of the items being served in metal pails that looked like bait buckets. One of my favorite desserts was the cat tails made from HoHos on a skewer. Autumn tackled an amazing request list to make all of her childrens party dreams come true.
Armed with designs from DimplePrints, Autumn wanted to use as many printables as possible on her sweets table for that cohesive look. Using printable fry and popcorn boxes, Autumn filled them up with goldfish and blue raspberry popcorn (Oh Nuts). There were mini and full-sized chocolate bars wrapped in coordinating wrappers and even live bait buckets filled with dirt pie. Beautiful sugar cookies from Sweet Baketique made a nice addition to the sweet choices. If you want fish to show up to a fishing party, you have to serve fish food (Chex mix). Autumn filled party cones by Superchickland with the Chex mix.
When youre at a fishing birthday party and thirsty, what would you expect to drink? Answer: Lake Water and Jig Juice of course. Once again, Autumns details were amazing.
Speaking of amazing, be sure to check out the party signage. DimplePrints created some really great directional signs as well as an awesome frame worthy sign that added some more rustic touches to the party décor and overall atmosphere.
One additional printable item that Autumn used was a printable image to use on custom shirts! Talk about a money saver!
A fisherman is only as good as his bait. I am a sucker for clever party favors, and these are a real catch. Autumn purchased mini lure boxes and filled them with gummy worms. Tied to the bait boxes was a darling tag that read, Thank you for making my party reel fun.
Can you imagine a vintage fishing birthday party for boys with more creative details than this one? Amazing job Autumn!
Planning a fishing birthday party? Check out these supplies sourced by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew:
- 12 count – Fishing Lure and Bobber Cupcake Rings
- Decorative Fish Net
- Ja-Ru Tub Fun Fishing Set Party Favor Bundle Pack
- Rivers Edge 10-Piece Bobber Party Light Set for the Fishing Enthusiast
- Dress My Cupcake DMCS094 Chocolate Candy Mold, Gone Fishing’ Zodiac
- Gone Fishin’ Canoe
- 12 Pack of Plastic Tropical Fish Straws
- Tangled Fisherman Cake Topper Kit
- Tropical Fish Bubble Bottles : package of 24
- Darice 9133-08 Wood Fish Shape Cutout, 4-Inch
- Rasta Imposta Future Fisherman, Brown, 3-4T
- Rose Bowl 6″
- Dress My Cupcake Fish Cookie Cutter, 3-Inch
- Inflatable Tropical Fish (Various – color may vary) Party Accessory
- Darice Timeless MinisTM miniatures Miniature Fishing Pole 6 inches.
- Darice Timeless MinisTM miniatures Miniature Gone Fishing Tackle Box 1 3/8 inches.
- 24 Fishing Pole Play Sets
- Koyal Frosted Sea Glass, 1-Pound Bag, Aqua
- Ocean Blue Edible Glitter
- Koyal 14-Inch Paper Lantern, Ocean Blue, Set of 6
- Dress My Cupcake Mini Ocean Blue Reusable Glitter Cupcake Wrappers, Set of 18
Be sure to check out more fishing party ideas here:
- Vintage Fishing Themed Birthday Party
- Vintage Fishing Birthday Party
- Vintage Fishing Birthday Tablescape
- A Fishing Party
What detail from this fishing party was your favorite?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week