The Very Hungry Caterpillar School Party
Celebrating the school year in style is just what kindergarten teacher Angelique Jutras did (you may remember her pirate party we also featured)! Inspired by Eric Carle’s popular book, Angelique’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar school party was a fabulous theme choice for an end-of-year graduation party. We happen to think this theme works great as a birthday or back-to-school party theme too! I adore the colorful decorations and darling color-coordinating dessert table refreshments. Sit back and join us as we travel through the school party photos captured by Angelique.
- Help your children soar to new heights with ideas from this back to school party!
- Grab your neighbors and celebrate with a neighborhood back-to-school breakfast party!
Taking color inspiration from the pages of the book, a bright refreshment table was set up in all the colors of the rainbow. A lime green tablecloth was topped with a cheerful yellow runner. Faux grass mats laid a creative foundation for displaying all sorts of healthy options for snacking: cheese, strawberries, orange slices and watermelon (were pretty sure the very hungry caterpillar would like these snacks too!).
Angelique incorporated darling printable decorations into her styling. The front of her table was accented with a colorful banner featuring so many fun digital patterns from a digital kit by Melanie Ralbusky, and leaves and caterpillars from an Etsy kit inspired by the beloved book. Youll notice Angelique carried these sweet details throughout her styling, incorporating them on lollipops, water bottles and as food labels. I love the cutout caterpillars and leaves on the front of the mason jars! And did you notice the green colored rice inside? What a clever and economical way to help display the lollipops!
Angelique also served cupcakes, baked right into ice cream cones. Dont you just love the creativity of the red candy on top to look like a cherry? These creative cupcakes were served on bright polka-dotted rounds, with perfect slots for neatly holding the cones. A tiered stand served as the tables centerpiece with edible chocolate roll diplomas tied up in festive yellow ribbon.
To keep her school party budget-friendly, Angelique found coordinating partyware such as plates, napkins, plastic table coverings and lollipops at a local dollar store.
To add interest to the party display, a colorful banner was suspended above the dessert table. Festive paper fans and tissue paper poms were clustered on each side.
A Very Hungry Caterpillar always seems to show up at cute parties!
Planning a back to school party? Check out these school party sources put together by Spaceships and Laser Beams very own teachers aides.
- 2 by 3-Inch Chalkboards, Mini, Set of 12
- Tissue Apple Party Accessory (1 count)
- Metallic Back To School Fringe Banner, 8 by 5-Feet
- Back To School Assortment Chocolate Mold
- Darice See Thru Pail with Handle, 4-Inch by 5-Inch
- Erasable Checking Pencils, Eraser Tipped, Pre-Sharpened, Set of 12, Carmine Red (14259)
- Wood Ruler with Single Metal Edge, 12″
- 5″ x 7″ Synthetic Chalkboard With Unfinished Wood Frame -Pack of 6 Chalkboards
- 4-Pack School Days Cutouts, 16-Inch
- 24 Cupcake Rings – Back To School
- 12 pcs in Box: 5″ Die Cast Classic Long Nose School Bus, Pull Back Action (Yellow)
- Play-Doh: Case of Colors
- Sesame Street School Bus Cake Kit
- Paper Party Striped Straws, Yellow/White (24 Count)
- Bright Yellow Paper Party Favor Bags, 12 Count
- Party Decoration Kit, Cherry Red Chevron
- Cargo Cool Euro Suitcases, Red, Set of 3
- School Days Whirls Party Accessory (1 count) (5/Pkg)
- Eureka Classroom Supplies, More School Supplies Clings (846021)
- Back to School Elementary School Supply (Arts & Crafts) Bundle Box K-6 Grade
Be sure to check out more school party ideas here:
- A Colorful Back to School Party
- Back to School Party Supplies
- Free Back to School Lunch Note Printables
Plus, don’t miss A Back to School Dessert Table…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week