L’il Sailorman Nautical Baby Boy Shower
Nautical baby boy showers are a perennial favorite. Sarah, of Dreamers Joy Events, and Wendy, with Green Beansie Ink, joined talents to produce a fresh, contemporary take on a proven vintage theme: Popeye serves as muse for this Lil Sailorman baby shower! That upbeat color theme royal blue, red, navy and yellow is reinforced at the party where guest and dessert tables, cake and cupcakes, and even the take-home favors, coordinate.
- A gorgeous nautical-themed party with the unexpected addition of a teddy bear motif.
- A sweet and simple sailboat nautical-themed party.
This charming guest table is covered with white linen and a fishnet table runner. Place settings echo the color theme and beribboned vases hold more fresh flowers and berries. Even the chair backs are covered with stars and are tied asymmetrically with a sailors rope. From bow to stern, this nautical baby boy shower has a lot to offer!
If the nautical theme appeals to you, read on for a boatload of decoration ideas! Star-studded pennants and Welcome Aboard life savers call attention to the dessert table, but the first thing that arrested me was the centerpiece cake: a can of spinach–how cute is that?!
Sugar cookies shaped like stars, anchors and life savers are a great idea. Cupcakes are fondant topped with stars and a Popeye muscled arm, a life saver and a ships steering wheel. Spinach can cake pops match the cake and polka-dotted, chocolate covered Oreos add to the lighthearted appeal of this table. Sailor stripes and multilevel display platforms add a lot of visual interest, too. Green bottles, in spinach juice wrappers make you think you might be getting the real deal.
A decorative ship and a fresh flower arrangement add a lot to the visual feast, but what made me laugh out loud was the Wimpy Burgers: I will gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today. Theyre actually sandwich cake bites, but they sure look like the real thing.
Favor bags are tied with twine, and sport anchor away stripes along with a hearty Thank you!
Fantastic Nautical Party Must Haves
1. I love these cute Sticko Nautical Icons Stickers! Perfect for party favors or a party time activity.
2. These darling nautical canvas tote bags would be perfect to fill with goodies and send home with the kids.
3. This Yacht cap would be great for your birthday boy and his friends to dress up with during the party.
4. I love these cute nautical latex balloons! They are a cute and easy way to decorate using your nautical theme.
5. These gorgeous pacific sailor wooden replica sailboat would be beautiful as part of table decorations.
6. This Ocean Design Cookie Cutter Set would be perfect for a party treat! Use blue icing to decorate your cookies to help pull your colors through to your dessert table!
7. I love this cute big nautical jersey tee for a birthday boy!
8. This Captain’s Log Book would be perfect on a table!
9. I would love to use this wooden lighthouse as part of the table decorations!
10. These wood anchors would be perfect hung behind a dessert table.
Best Baby Shower Gifts
- Baby Briefcase Baby Paperwork Organizer
- Baby Aspen My Little Night Owl Snuggle Sack and Cap
- Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Getting Started Gift Set
- Cloud b Sleep Sheep On The Go Travel Sound Machine
- Baby Aspen Five Little Monkeys Gift Set
- Finley the Frog bath time gift set
- Bathtime Squirt and Float Toys
- SwaddleDesigns Plush Dot Baby Lovie
- Baby Bullet Complete Baby Care System
- On the Night You Were Born
- Great Arrivals Baby Gift Basket, Best Wishes Boy
- Reed & Barton Silver Plate Baby Cup
- Britax 2012 B-Agile and B-Safe Travel System
- Carters Snuggle Me Elephant Boa Blanket
- Plus, check out these 20 Baby Shower Gifts under $20!
More Nautical Themed Parties You Will Love
- Nautical Themed Birthday
- Sailboat Nautical Themed Party
- Boy’s Nautical Themed First Birthday Party
- Nautical Birthday Dessert Table
- Vintage Nautical Birthday Party
- Vintage Nautical Birthday Dessert Table
What’s your favorite idea from this little sailor man nautical themed party?
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week