Little Man Boy Baby Shower Ideas
Hello Samantha from Sweet Eats Cakes here and I am so excited to share this Little Southern Gentleman boy baby shower with all of you because it is in celebration of my new nephew Finnegan James! We chose Little Southern Gentleman because Daddy to be loves lots of things about the South including the southern charm. So what better way to welcome this new little one into the family then with a little southern charm? We focused mostly on bow ties and mustaches to tie into the theme. Hope you enjoy!
- Samantha’s guide on how to plan a little man party – there are lots of great ideas
- As well as her tutorial on how to make mustache cake pops – way easier than you would think!
As guest entered a strict dress code was enforced to make sure they were looking their best! Guests were also encouraged to sign a book for Finnegan so that he may have it as a keepsake later.
Instead of normal baby shower games I decided on activities where everyone could participate. I had two stations set-up that included a bow tie making station and an onesie making station.
The onesie making station was a huge hit! I bought the stencils and paintbrushes for the onesies at Michael’s and the fabric paint in the craft section at Walmart. I printed simple instructions for everyone to follow on how to make the onesies. The stencils are technically reusable if you wash them off and let them dry. After finishing an onesie they were hung for display on a clothesline.
For the bow tie station I pre-cut all of the fabric needed to make the bow ties and then had step by step instructions on how to put it together. The best part was these were no sew bow ties so they were super simple to make but still ended up looking really cute.
The food included all things southern and it was a big hit! For desserts I chose to make three smaller cakes with different toppers and then desserts that were Southern in theme. The desserts included mustache cake pops, mini apple pies on a stick, chocolate and strawberry mousse shooters, and chocolate chip cookies with a shot of milk. I must say I am really happy with the way the desserts turned out! For drinks we decided to serve Lemonade and Sweet Tea to tie in with our Southern theme. I love the way the mason jars turned out!
Lastly, to include the big brother to be in the festivities I made him this shirt that says “If you mustache I am the big brother”. This is the best picture I could get of him wearing it (I told him to put his hands up so I could read the shirt) but I think he really liked it and I know he had a blast at the party!
For favors guests took home little onesie and mustache cookies!
Hope you enjoyed this Little Southern Gentleman shower. I created all of the signage with the exception of a few free pieces I got from Catch my Party. I basically used their signage as the jumping off point and then added my own signage pieces to their already wonderful collection. All other decor and desserts we done by us Sweet Eats Cakes. If you are interested in throwing your own Little Man party please check out my Pinterest board for lots of great ideas and tutorials.
Plan a little man baby shower with these supplies, sourced for you by Spaceships and Laser Beams:
- Mustache Party Food and Cupcake Picks – 25 ct
- 72 Mustache Straws – Bulk Pack
- Chalkboard Mustache Labels – Set of 24 Blackboard Stickers
- Small Mustache Gift Bags – 12 Pc Moustache Party Bags
- 6 Ft Mustache Bowtie Banner Garland Gender Reveal Little Man Bash
- Piece of Cake Parties Baby Shower Cupcake Toppers Classic Mustache Onesie Set of 12
- Baby Shower Corsage for Mother Boy Mustache Littleman Themed Baby Shower
- Dashing Little Man – Cupcake Wrappers (set of 12)
- Mustache “It’s a Boy” Baby Shower Banner
- Dress My Cupcake 12-Pack Vintage Paper Straws with Glass Milk Bottles Favors Bundle
- Home Essentials 1842 Del Sol Hammered Jug Beverage Dispenser With Rack, Set Of 2
- Libbey County Fair Drinking Jar with Handle, 16.5-Ounce, Clear, Set of 12
- Baby Diaper Cake – Dashing Little Man – 3 Tier
- Gerber Unisex-Baby 5 Pack Variety Onesies Brand
- Canvas Home Basics Clothespins, Mini, Light Blue
- Koch 5620727 Braided Cotton/Polyester Blend Clothesline, 7/32 by 200 Feet, White
- Wooden Spoons – Disposable Wood Cutlery Silverware 50ct
- Cybrtrayd D025 Mustache Lolly Chocolate Candy Mold
- Party Kit Dashing Little Man – 32 Person
- Wooden Forks – Disposable Wood Cutlery Silverware 50ct
Looking for more inspiration for your boy’s baby shower?
- 30 Little Man Mustaches Party Ideas
- Boy Baby Shower Ideas: Mustache Theme
- Little Man Mustache Bash Birthday Party
Which detail from this baby shower is your absolute favourite?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Plus, check out A Little Gentleman First Birthday Party…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week