Kid’s Party Food: St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Pretzels
I know that a lot of kids dont like to eat their greens, but Ill bet theyll go for this kids party food idea: green pretzel shamrocks! Theyre a little sweetbut not too much, plus they look so colorful on a party table. Theyre a perfect lunch complement if youre hosting a St. Patricks gathering or they can stand alone as a novel taste treat. They have that awesome salty-sweet taste combo thats a favorite of manymyself includedand there are only two ingredients! Theyre easy to make. Ready to get started?
- Check out this fantastic St. Patrick’s Day birthday party on a budget.
- Get more inspiration with these 27 St. Patrick’s Day baking supplies.
For these St. Patrick’s Day treats youll need:
- a bag of mini pretzels
- a package of green candy melts
- wax paper
- baking sheet
- piping bag
Heres what you do:
- put a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet (its easier to pick up the pretzels to put them in the fridge when theyre supported by the baking sheet)
- put the pretzels upside down on the wax paper (one side is usually more flat)
- melt green candy melts in a piping bag in the microwave; I melt them in 20 second increments, then take the bag out, knead the candy so that the part that hasnt quite melted and the melted portion are mixed. It only takes 1 or 2 microwave blasts that way.
- snip off the tiniest opening off the bag
- fill the wells of the pretzels; make the stem and then go back and fill in the pretzels until they have the shape of a shamrock
- let them harden for about 10 minutes; stick them in the fridge if you want them done sooner
Thats the whole process; theyre easy, they look cute and they taste divine!
Get the supplies for this St. Patrick’s Day food idea:
Plus, check out more great ideas for St. Patrick’s Day!
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Biscuits
- 27 St. Patrick’s Day Party Favors
- 25 St. Patrick’s Day Books for Kids
- Kid’s Party Food: Green Noodles
- 25 St. Patrick’s Day Crafts & Activities
- 21 Free St. Patrick’s Day Printables
How will your family celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.