A Vintage Hot Air Balloon Party
Get swept up, up, and away with a vintage hot air balloon party! Created by the talented Sweets Indeed, the Fly Away with Me party theme is perfect for a baby shower, baptism or birthday party to honor any little man. Go ahead, get carried away with vintage hot air balloon and travel props and decorations, a romantic color palette and a one-of-a-kind, old fashioned dessert table. Lovely images from The Pixel Studio are your ticket to escape into dessert table heaven!
- Fly high with the sweet details seen in this hot air balloon and elephants baby shower.
- You’ll love the creative ideas featured in this hot air balloon birthday party.
There’s no better setting for a hot air balloon party than in the backyard, under the open sky. Taking advantage of the natural greenery is an easy way to create a memorable backdrop for a dessert station. I love the way the coral fabric is draped over the shrubs! The suspended miniature hot air balloons add to the grandeur and give life to the party theme. Soft mint green and coral is neutral enough for a little boy’s birthday party and yet delicate enough for a baby shower or baptism.
Vintage suitcases, baskets, and items decked out in maps used as wrapping paper hold lovely desserts. Peach parfait, banana pudding shots, vanilla bean whoopie pies, crème puffs, strawberry cookies, white meringue clouds and delicate macarons (Vanilla Bake Shop) are beautifully displayed on a distressed wooden table. Delectable donuts and chocolate lollipops round out the desserts.
And then there’s the cake! The simple white, homemade devil’s food cake and buttercream frosting creation is the focal point of the dessert station. The DIY cake stand is wrapped in the same coral fabric that is draped above the table, which adds a pop of color. Ah, love is in the air—literally! The word is written in script and suspended above the cake as a charming cake topper.
Found Vintage Rentals supplied added interest decorations like the vintage suitcases and antique globe. So many details, like mini rosettes, paper buntings and dessert toppers add something special, too. Paper cutouts of hearts and hot air balloons are easy DIY projects, and simple ways to add personal touches.
What a magnificent setting and an uplifting party for any little boy or mom-to-be!
Want to plan your own Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party? Check out these wonderful products, chosen for you by the Spaceships and Laser Beams team:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Hot Air Balloon Lolly Chocolate Candy Mold
- Up, Up and Away Stand-In
- Up, Up and Away Large Lollipop Sticker Sheet
- Hot Air Balloon Photo/Balloon Holder Party Accessory (1 count)
- Up, Up and Away Empty Favor Boxes (4)
- Up, Up and Away Giant Wall Decals
- *24 Rings – Hot Air Balloons cupcake rings
- Hot Air Balloon Arrangement Net 3′ Large Party Bouquet Centerpiece
- Hot Air Balloon Sugar Decorations Cookie Cupcake Cake 12 Count
- Wilton Cake Pan: Up’n Away Hot Air Balloon
- Chevron Table Runner with Tissue Pom Poms Dessert Table Party Kit and Red Polka Dot Straws
- Pinwheels Dessert Table Party Kit, Includes Vintage Glass Milk Bottles with Yellow Striped Straws
- 20 Silicone Tray Pop Cake Stick Mould Lollipop Party Cupcake Baking Mold
- Lollipop sticks 100 count 6 inch
- Double Face Satin Ribbon, 1/page/8-Inch Wide by 30-Yard Spool, Red
- Aqua Blue Swirl Pops – (Case of 24 pops)
- Baby Blue Chevron Party Kit – Cut-Your-Own-Party Decoration Kit
- Up, Up and Away Centerpiece
- Up, Up and Away Cupcake Boxes (4)
Be sure to check out more boys’ hot air balloon party ideas here:
- Hot Air Balloon Themed Baby Shower
- Hot Air Balloon First Birthday
- An Elegant Hot Air Balloon Christening Party
Plus, don’t miss this Boy’s Hot Air Balloon 1st Birthday Party…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week