How to Train Your Dragon Movie-Inspired Boys Birthday Party
Any little boy would be ecstatic to have a How to Train Your Dragon movie-inspired birthday party like this one! Paula Biggs, of Frog Prince Paperie, came up with awesome party planning ideas while designing this themed celebration for Deans 5th birthday. Her creative ideas came together in fantastic DIY decorations, fun training activities (the boys LOVED the sheep toss!), and an exciting themed menu (wait til you see the cupcakes). Adventure awaits! Grab your sword and shielddont forget your Viking helmetand read all about training dragons.
- Dragon Castle Cake is a Viking favorite!
- Have you ever wondered How to Plan a Dragons Love Tacos Party?
Southern Belles Charm created really cool Viking-style invitations featuring faux fur and leather! Can you imagine the excitement of potential guests?!
While waiting for all the guests to arrive, partygoers crafted baby Gronckle dragons. By using assorted sizes of pom poms, googly eyes, and pipe cleanersplus a little glueno two Gronckles were alike! What a super idea.
Inspired by the second Dragon Training movie release, Paula created a dragon racing arena for the boys to train in. To prepare, guests donned face paint and Viking helmets. Completing their armor with arrow-shooting shields, they commenced Viking Warm Ups. Although Paula says these were really for the amusement of those of us watching, the brave Vikings took them very seriously.
While all the trainees really enjoyed the Sheep Toss activity (using lots of homemade fluffy sheep plush), more than one little Viking innocently asked, wheres the catapult? Note to future party planners: include catapult for sheep. After racing handmade dragons around a course outlined with flag-topped poles, partygoers headed over to check out the cool Viking ship docked at the edge of the training area.
Muslin tablecloths and a DIY sail transformed a regular table into a food and beverage barge! Paula hand-painted wooden pieces to look like dragon bow and stern ornaments, with shielded armor on the side. A Toothless plush toy looked on while hungry trainees helped themselves to themed menu items like Meaty Viking Drumsticks, Hiccups Sandwich Skewers, Deviled Dragon Eggs, and Broccoli Trees from the Berk Forest. For dessert, guests enjoyed sweet Dragon Marshmallow Pops, Stormfly Sugar Cookies, and Cloudjumper Cupcakes with amazing Viking helmet toppers, by Tikkido.
More DIY decorations created a cool kids table for little Vikings to enjoy their meal. A bright pennant banner gives the outdoor space a festive look. I love the creative centerpiece idea, made with Frog Prince Paperie printables and a vase wrapped in felt, jute, leather, and faux fur. Seeing Toothless popping out of the top of the centerpiece was too irresistible for the Viking traineesToothless kept disappearing on adventures across the training arena! Paula brightened up the table, but maintained the Viking vibe, by painting the undersides of clear plates with bold designs. One of my favorite party details is the bright cutlery wrapped in a black napkin and tied with a piece of faux fur and leather. Each place setting included a licensed drink tumblera fantastic party favor idea. Guests also took home custom lollipop favors, by Lollipics.
Dean and all his Viking buddies had a hale and hearty time at his How to Train Your Dragon birthday party. Many of the great ideas for decorations, food, and activities could be used to plan your own movie-themed party, or a classic knights and dragons party.
Want to know how to train YOUR dragon? Start with these supplies, pillaged for you by the brave Vikings at Spaceships and Laser Beams:
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Party Hats 8 Ct
- How to Train Your Dragon – Hiccup & Friends Cupcake Rings – 24 pcs
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 “Happy Birthday Dragon Rider” Banner 5.75 Ft
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Room Transformation Kit
- How to Train Your Dragon Set of 12 Figure Cake Toppers
- Black Dragon Pinata
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Party Invitations & Thank You Notes Combo
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 Party Supplies Pack Including Plates, Napkins and Tablecover – 16 Guests
- How to Train Your Dragon Aluminum Bottle
- How To Train Your Dragon Plush Set
- How to Train Your Dragon Favor Pack (For 8 Guests)
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Stadium Cups 4 Ct
- How to Train Your Dragon Favor Bags (8 Pack)
- Hiccup – Official How to Train Your Dragon 2 Face Mask
- Inflatable 30-Inch Dragon
- Toothless Night Fury Action Figure (Sitting)
- Paper Party Straws | 50 Ct (Lime Green)
- Baking Cups Electric Green Circle
- How To Train Your Dragon 2 Birthday Party Balloon Decoration
Get more boy party planning inspiration here:
- A Boys Knights and Dragons Birthday Party
- Knights and Dragons Boys Birthday Party
- Knights and Dragons Birthday Party
Wouldnt your son love to train dragons in a Viking helmet and shield?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Make sure to stock up your next celebration with these great ideas for How to Train Your Dragon birthday party supplies!