How to Train Your Dragon 2 Inspired Boy’s Birthday Party
An inspired How to Train Your Dragon 2 boys birthday party makes perfect sense as a theme choice, especially after seeing the movie premiere with your talented graphic designer and party stylist mom! Zoila Lopez, of Squared Party Printables, and her five-year-old son, fell in love with the characters Hiccup and Toothless. Soon after, a creative party plan was underway. Wanting to keep the party atmosphere as authentic as possible, Zoila focused on the textures and natural elements seen in the movie. Youll love how she incorporated burlap, rocks, wood and moss into the party decorations. The invitations and paper products she designed have a worn paper look, with hand drawn details inspired by Hiccups journal. Just wait until you see how Zoila styled the dessert table to bring in these same creative elements!
- Add a dragon castle cake to your party to please the Vikings!
- Channel your inner knight with these boys knights and dragons birthday party ideas.
There are so many amazing ideas in this How to Train Your Dragon 2 party! A beautiful scenic backdrop provided a wonderful setting for the dragon themed dessert table. Wooden crates and metal dessert stands elevated awesome refreshments. Zoila embellished a simple supermarket bakery cake with chocolate rocks, a Toothless toy and topped it with a custom Viking candle (Glitter Wishes by Kara).
Drop down a tier from the cake and youll discover crazy cool cupcakes dressed in wrappers made from real wood (WoodziiProducts). The detail work on the amazing fondant Viking helmets and shields by Like Butter is not to be missedlove those horns!
Custom sugar cookies, by Sugar Cravings, were impressively displayed on a bed of edible rocks. Each cookie was enhanced with details that dragon fans would love.
Lollipops that looked like dragon eyes were designed by Vintage Confections. Dont they look strikingly real? I love how even the moss covered trunk that held them looks like it is covered with reptile hide!
Metal buckets were filled with jelly bean and chocolate rocks while mini woven baskets were filled with fish food (Swedish fish) for feeding dragons.
Yellow rock candyaka Hiccups dragon bladesadded a great splash of color. Zoilas inclusion of wood slabs, rocks and moss with her refreshments really achieved the natural look she was going for.
The venue Zoila chose was perfect for an action packed party. Held at a local rec center, junior Vikings could roam free in a portion of the ballroom as well as on the private patio. Guests were invited to choose a Viking helmet and then have war paint applied. Getting into costume is a big deal that adds extra thrill to an already awesome party. After guests were properly outfitted, each chose an inflatable dragon and headed to the patio for dragon training. Can you imagine their excitement?!
Running around training works up quite the appetite, and it wasnt long before it was time to refuel with snacks, drinks and treats. The kids dined at tables Zoila styled with burlap runners and repurposed treasure map fabric. Centerpieces were a simple DIY made from wood slabs spiffed with rocks, moss and rubber dragons. Budget savvy Zoila reused great crates and treasure boxes from a previous party. Place settings consisted of metal plates, goblets and wooden forks.
Most impressive, each plate was topped with an incredible dragon egg party favor. Can you believe Zoila made them from foam eggs, thumbtacks and paint? They looked amazing in clear container boxes, nestled in natural colored shred. Printable tags cautioned little Vikings to take good care of their eggs because baby dragons were inside!
What an impressive and imaginative take on a popular movie; I bet no one wanted the party to end!
Are you planning a boys birthday party? Take a peek at these perfect boys birthday party supplies selected by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew:
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Party Hats 8 Ct
- How to Train Your Dragon – Hiccup & Friends Cupcake Rings – 24 pcs
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 “Happy Birthday Dragon Rider” Banner 5.75 Ft
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Room Transformation Kit
- How to Train Your Dragon Set of 12 Figure Cake Toppers
- Black Dragon Pinata
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Party Invitations & Thank You Notes Combo
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 Party Supplies Pack Including Plates, Napkins and Tablecover – 16 Guests
- How to Train Your Dragon Aluminum Bottle
- How To Train Your Dragon Plush Set
- How to Train Your Dragon Favor Pack (For 8 Guests)
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Stadium Cups 4 Ct
- How to Train Your Dragon Favor Bags (8 Pack)
- Hiccup – Official How to Train Your Dragon 2 Face Mask
- Inflatable 30-Inch Dragon
- Toothless Night Fury Action Figure (Sitting)
- Paper Party Straws | 50 Ct (Lime Green)
- Baking Cups Electric Green Circle
- How To Train Your Dragon 2 Birthday Party Balloon Decoration
Be sure to check out more boys birthday party ideas here:
Plus, check out 20 How to Train Your Dragon Party Supplies…
What detail from this How to Train Your Dragon 2 inspired boys birthday party has you most excited to plan your next party?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.