Eat, Drink, and Be Scary Halloween Dessert Table
Owls are hooting, skulls are grinning, Halloween party plans are just beginning! Those who prefer traditional Halloween design decorations will love this classic spooky Halloween dessert table created by Elise, of Sweet Scarlet Designs. Black and white with creepy cobwebs, scary skulls, and terrifying themed treats; this is a petrifyingly perfect Halloween party theme idea for older kids — or even adults! Muster your courage, and click through for more of Elises photos to find out how she pulled this look together.
- This Boy’s Halloween Birthday Party is full of TOTALLY AWESOME ideas!
- The cupcakes at this Vintage Zombie Halloween Party are a scream!!!
- For creep-tastic themed-menu ideas, check out this Wicked Good Time Halloween Party.
One of the best things about this classic Halloween design is that it’s so flexible. Chalkboard-style printables from Sweet Scarlet Designs’ Etsy shop, plus woodgrain pieces and a stack of books, give this table a haunted library vibe—but the addition of a few scientific elements (like the ones from these fantastic Mad Science/Science Class Boys’ Birthday Parties) could also create a sinister laboratory feel!
Spider webs and a big, fuzzy spider hang from a striped backdrop behind the dessert table. The classic black and white color scheme makes small details, like spooky sayings on labels, stand out. Carefully curated decorations are minimal, but very effective! A pile of skulls on a black cake pedestal and an intimidating black owl balance the large candelabra on the other side.
There are so many great themed menu ideas! Apothecary jars in various sizes and shapes hold Maggoty Morsels and Zombie Eyeballs (eyeball gumballs or wrapped chocolates).
My favorite menu label reads “Beware the Cupcakes” and I would love to find the recipe for “Cloudy Apple Juice!”
Puffed Rat’s’ Brains” (popcorn) are served in striped cups with bracket-shaped labels on a stick.
Candy Corn Parfaits in jars, served with wooden spoons, look absolutely delicious. Lids with themed labels are offered for guests who opt to take home this treat.
Graveyard Chocolate Mousse (a themed take on Dirt Cake), served in tiny metal pails, is a guaranteed kid favorite! Instead of gummy worms, gummy body parts are emerging from the dirt (always check for food safety before placing treats in unconventional containers)!
Guests were invited to fill mini takeout boxes with their favorite treats, such as white chocolate skulls and bones, and white chocolate-covered Oreos dipped in theme-colored sprinkles. They also took home lollipops customized with printable stickers, tubes of theme-colored candy, and chocolate bars wrapped in themed labels.
This classic spooky Halloween dessert table has just the right amount of frightful fun for older kids, and would also make a great addition to a neighborhood gathering or even an office party. Adding your choice of decorative pieces could easily change the overall style, or you could replicate it just as it is for a fantastically fun festivity. However you put this look together, make sure to eat, drink, and be scary!
Put together your own superlatively scary Halloween dessert table using these supplies, sourced for you by the scaredy-cats at Spaceships and Laser Beams:
- Paper Party Striped Straws, Black/White
- Black Stripe Cello Favor Bags-20 count
- Stripes Black and White Gift Wrap Flat Sheet 24″ X 6′ – Holiday Gift Wrapping Paper
- 3/page/8-Inch Wide Ribbon, Black Stripe
- Black Small Popcorn Shaped Favor Box 5ct
- BLACK Striped Treat Cups
- Wooden Forks – Disposable Wood Cutlery Vintage Flatware 50ct
- 24-Pack Favor Bags, Black Candy Stripe
- 50-Pack Party Cakepop Sticks DIY Kit, 4.5-Inch, Harlequin Black and White Stripes
- Stripes Cupcake Wrappers, Black/White
- White Paper Party Favor Bags, 12 Count
- 2000 Black Diamond Table Confetti
- 5 Pack of 12″ Round Chinese Paper Lanterns
- Serving Tray, Black
- 2 oz Square Plastic Dessert Cups 10 Count
- Set Of 100 Petite Elegant Mini Plastic Tasting Appetizer Spoons
- Elegant Disposable Heavy Weight Wine Cups, Silver & Clear, 40 Count
For more Halloween party themes and themed menu inspiration, check out these ideas:
- Classic Movie Monsters Printables
- Vintage Horror Movie Halloween Party
- Jack O Lantern Pizza
- Party Food: Chocolate Brains
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week