Country and Western Cowboy-Themed 80th Birthday Party
Whether theyre 2 or 102, boys are fascinated by cowboys. Maybe its the idea of life on an open range or maybe it has something to do with big boots, spurs, and horses. Embracing that appeal, Melissa, of The Sweet Society, was inspired by her grandfathers love of John Wayne movies when she planned this country and western cowboy-themed birthday party to celebrate his 80th birthday. She brought the outdoors inside, and then made it cozy and inviting with a warm brown palette, real and faux bois, authentic rustic decoration ideas, and an irresistible homemade dessert table. Pull up a stump, and take a gander at the lovely photos by Casamento Photography.
- Leave your spurs at the door for this Cowboy Boys Birthday Party.
- This Boys Western-themed Birthday Party is full of denim and paisley bandanas.
Melissa created a welcoming, rustic party atmosphere with lots of hay bales and real wood stumps. Loralee Lewis created the gorgeous backdrop and paperie, helping establish the country and western theme. Real wood slabs look amazing in place of traditional platters and pedestals, while aluminum tubs (chilling Nevilles favorite beer), modern cake stands, and Australian native florals effortlessly dress the dessert table in warm, neutral shades. Wooden crates make desserts at the back of the table more accessible to guests. Unexpected placement of a pretty pennant banner adds interest.
Melissa wanted the dessert buffet to take [her”] grandparents and their friends back to the time of old fashioned, home-baked goods. Leoni, of Just Call Me Martha, whipped up a beautifuland delicioustiered cake with lemon butter and raspberry buttercream fillings. Details like the faux bois texture on the bottom layer, and the coordinating topper, by Glistening Occasions, are charming and on-theme. Luscious chocolate mud cupcakes with mocha icing, Oreo cake pops, ginger cowboy cookies, and Charlie Bucketts meringue kisses are party-friendly portable treats in theme colors. Melissa is masterful at creating themed tables; she also put together an adorable dessert table at this hot air balloon boys birthday party.
Little additions like a sign letting guests know when a meal will be served or a dessert table will be accessible are considerate and the mark of a good hostess. Melissa includes helpful signage in many of her parties, like this elephant-themed boys baptism party.
This country and western themed boys birthday party could easily become a gorgeous baby shower, boys baptism, or first birthday party theme idea. I think Melissas creative decorating ideas provide ample inspiration for planning a country or cowboy-themed celebration.
I reckon you could plan your own country and western themed party using these supplies, sourced for you by the Spaceships and Laser Beams posse:
- Western Wanted Sign
- Cowboy Silhouettes, 35-Inch and 37-Inch
- Wild West Town Props Party Accessory (1 count) (4/Pkg)
- Cowboy Boots Photo/Balloon Holder Party Accessory (1 count)
- Clear Plastic Cowboy Boot Mugs (1 dz)
- 20 pc Cast Iron Horseshoes for Decorating and Crafts
- RUSTIC NYLON BARB WIRE WILD WEST DECORATION – 18 Feet
- Horseshoe Metal Cookie Cutter
- Desert Sky & Sand Backdrop Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
- Western Sugar Decorations Cookie Cupcake Cake 12 Count
- FloraCraft Straw Bales, 18-Inch Porch Bale
- FloraCraft Straw Bales, 6-Inch-by-6-Inch-12-Inch Bale
- 2-Pack 24in Old Fashioned Wooden Wagon Wheel
- Roundabouts Cupcake Sleeves Wine Barrel Cupcake Sleeve (Pack of 24)
- Wine Barrel Planter
- Walnut Hollow Rustic Basswood Round, Extra Large
- Kate Aspen 4 Count Wood Place Card/Photo Holder, Rustic Real
- Hortense B. Hewitt Rustic Log Cake Stand Wedding Accessories
Mosey on over to these parties for more country or cowboy-themed party ideas:
- Cowboy Candy Buffet
- Bouncing Baby Buckaroo Cowboy-themed Baby Shower
- Cowboy Western Boys Baby Shower
Would your little buckaroo love a cowboy-themed birthday party?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week