Candy Construction 1st Birthday Party
What a fun take on a construction themed birthday party!
When Kate from Events by Kate contacted me about a candy construction party she put together for her friend’s son’s first birthday party, I was excited to share it with all of you! Kate created the entire event from start to finish and I love her take on the classic boy’s construction theme! What little guy doesn’t love candy? Or construction trucks?
I love the backdrop that Kate created! It was very easy to put together: just a simple wood board covered in chalk paint. I think it’s fantastic that it could be customized with any colors for any party. The big “N” stands for Niko, the birthday boy. The backdrop could easily be re-used to make a roadway for playing later.
This colorful and fun design is the perfect way to celebrate a little boy’s birthday party. Kate used bright colors throughout the party which look great with the style of the illustration and font used in the labels.
The black and yellow striped cups for treats are a great way to reinforce the theme without being too literal
Guests enjoyed “lumber cups” Gumballs and lifesavers became “rocks and tires” in the back ends of each of the little road trucks. “Niko spare parts” were containers filled with bright and colorful M & M’s.
Dirt cake, which was a simple chocolate buttercream cake, with construction signs peaking out was a big hit with the kids! I’m sure they must have went nuts about the gumballs on the top. Sam thinks anything “crazy” like putting gumballs on cake is the coolest thing in the world. 🙂
I love serving both cake and cupcakes at parties and the same was done here. They had buttercream cupcakes with construction-themed toppers that matched the birthday cake.
Here are some construction themed party favor ideas to make your party a hit!
1. Construction Party Hard Hats would be great for a fun photo opp with your guests!
2. Construction Mini Bubbles would be fun for an outdoor party.
3. How darling are these Tool Squirt Toys?! I’m going to try and incorporate them into my next construction-themed event. Love. Them.
4. Boys will love playing with Little Construction Site Sticker Activity Book at the party or after!
5. This Toystate Caterpillar Construction Mini Machine would be a great item for each guest to receive. You could even break the multi-packs apart for a budget-friendly favor idea.
What’s your favorite idea for a construction themed birthday party?
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week