A “You Are My Sunshine” Gender Neutral Baby Shower
What better way to celebrate a mom-to-be than with a baby shower? Valerie Gimre, of Charming Touch Parties, was commissioned to style a gender neutral baby shower for a special mama-to-be. Although the delightful theme would brighten any day, this shower was planned for one of the coldest months of the year in Chicago. You can imagine how the cheerful theme brightened everyones mood! You are My Sunshine made a perfect gender neutral theme choice and lent itself to loads of sunny details incorporated into decorations and the sweet treats dessert table. The lovely celebration ideas, captured by Megan Kelly Photography, are sure to bring a smile to your face, too!
- Get some lovely inspiration from this elephant themed boy baby shower.
- This modern world traveler themed boy baby shower is full of adventurous details.
A color palette doesnt get more neutral than yellow and gray. Fun, clean, cheerful and modern, these colors provided the starting point for a sophisticated celebration. Feminine details like ribbons, elegant floral arrangements (Floral Wonders) and fabrics added beauty and charm, as did the sweet party printables by Ogp Design Studio.
I absolutely adore the fireplace mantletalk about a ray of sunshine! Fabric bunting, bright yellow tissue poms and jars full of lemons were combined for a unique setup. Custom sunshine onesies, by Her Romantic Mind, made a darling banner. And how cute is the Lil Sunshine letter display? The closer you look, the more dear details youll see.
Guests were treated to a lovely catered meal (Moveable Feast) full of finger sandwiches and a variety of fresh salads. The island food arrangement looked gorgeous with vases full of beautiful, bright flowers.
A sweet beverage station included lemonade and champagne with an option of fresh berries. Paper straws and dressed up cups added to the custom boutique feel of the party. Love those ruffles!
Even the utensil display was something special. The wood utensils, from Angie Hearts Jared, had handles embellished with yellow chevron; I love the tissue rosettes that give the allusion of sunshine behind the display.
Bright yellow tissue poms hung over the dining table where a lovely bouquet added style.
Valerie used a side board to establish an impressive dessert table. A backdrop, made from draped gray chevron fabric and color coordinating ribbon bunting, was accented with custom banners and a framed print of a shining sun (Prairie Sweet Boutique).
Baby blocks and pretty candles were perfect props for the table.
The gorgeous cake and cake pops, by Bake It!, were dessert table highlights. I love the flower petal accents on the cake popsso sweet!
Even the candy wore party colors, adding even more sunshine to the table. Notice how the ribbon embellishments give everything a finished look.
Guests participated in a baby celebrity name game by Tabitoo Designs. They were also invited to tuck wish cards for mom and baby into an adorable baby carriage centerpiece from A Pregnancy Storya precious keepsake from this special day!
What a perfectly sunny soiree to celebrate a new baby! Any mother-to-be and her guests would feel refreshed and pampered in the golden glow of these charming touches!
Need some great sources for planning a baby shower? Check these out brought to you by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew.
- Ginger Ray Rocking Horse & Teddy Vintage Paper Napkins
- Ginger Ray Baby & Dark Blue Tissue Paper Pom Poms
- Dress My Cupcake Stamped Wooden Cutlery Set, Chevron/Striped/Polka Dot
- Dress My Cupcake 12-Pack Party Treat Bags
- Black Chalkboard Swallowtail Pennant Banner
- Yellow and Grey / Gray Paper Straw Mix – Stripe and Dots Paper Straw
- Dress My Cupcake 24-Pack Party Favor Bags
- Mint Green Stripe, Dot and Lattice Paper Straws
- Kate Aspen “Vintage” Milk Favor Jar
- Table Sense Lace Fabric Tablecloth in Ivory
- Elephant Baby Shower 8 Count Dinner Plates
- Plastic Table Cover
- Stitching Confetti, Blue, Green and Yellow
- Elephant Baby Shower 16 Count Luncheon Napkins, Blue, White and Gray
- 16 Count Square Dessert Plates, 7-Inch, Baby Blue
Be sure to check out more baby shower ideas here:
- Sweet Baby Elephant Dessert Table
- Black and White Boy Baby Shower Ideas
- Shake, Rattle & Roll Baby Shower
- Mustache Themed Boy Baby Shower
Plus, don’t miss A Stunning Gender Neutral Baby Shower…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week