A Spookalicious Halloween Dessert Table
Black cats and spooky bats make for an awfully cute “spookalicious” Halloween dessert table. Elise, of Sweet Scarlet Designs, not only set up the enchanting dessert table, but also designed the adorable Halloween printable decorations (purchase here), made all of the“spooktacular” treats and photographed the stylish details. We’re going batty over all of the fun Halloween ideas!
- Throw a great costume party this year with these 22 great costume ideas for boys!
- Take a look at this roundup of 14 spooky Halloween projects and crafts, perfect for your next Halloween party!
Black, white and purple paired with stripes and polka dots set the stage for a darling and slightly spooky Halloween treat display. I love that Elise chose an outdoor setting for her dessert table. Mother Nature makes a pretty amazing backdrop!
Using a naked wood table as a base, Elise dressed it up with a wide variety of vintage serving ware and Halloween accents. I love incorporating a little glam into my own styling, so I particularly loved the glittered skulls and printable cupcake toppers with glittered paper backing. A black, ornate frame with a black cat “Happy Halloween” printable was a fun addition to the table. Other table top accents included purple ribbon tied candles, a rustic looking lantern with oversized spider inside and even a set of vintage style keys.
Desserts were served in a number of creative and eye-pleasing ways. The focal point of the table, a beautiful tiered stand, included a display of tantalizing “death by chocolate” cupcakes with themed printable toppers. I love the polka dot cupcake liners and the touch of whimsy they added. It’s nice to have the option of toning down a sometimes scary theme, depending on the age of the guests. On the bottom tier there were lovely purple macarons. Additional macarons were neatly displayed on a silver tray. With how trendy macarons are these days (they’re also hard to come by), these were surely a desired sweet treat!
A colorful assortment of candies filled apothecary jars which were embellished with ribbons, spookalicious printables and vintage keys. They even had an accent of purple beads for that finished look. Chevron paper bags with darling trick or treat labels were available for take home treats.
Chocolate is always a great dessert buffet staple and looks especially impressive when it includes custom wrappers. Elise offered both full sized candy bars in custom Halloween wrappers, but also mini sized chocolates in coordinating wrappers. Little details add so much pizzazz to a display. I love the beautiful silver and crystal candy dishes used to display each respective type of chocolate.
Small cellophane treat tubes made a petite favor to be enjoyed on the spot or taken home. The sweet Halloween tags topped off each treat tube.
One of my favorite dessert options was definitely the “graveyard mousse”— chocolate mousse covered in Oreo crumb dirt with fondant tombstones served up in mini tins. Isn’t the presentation amazing? The creative printable hang tags with expressions like “kicked the bucket” and “six feet under” make the treats especially cute.
Petite dessert jars were filled with monster pudding made from white and grape Jell-O. The two toned layered look was awesome! Plus, how much more fun is the creative name? I could go for a little monster pudding right now.
Cauldrons used as thank you favors? How fun! Elise filled cauldrons with purple sixlets and attached coordinating printable thank you circles. I adore clever and unique favor containers. What a great use of mini cauldrons.
Milk bottles were embellished with trendy polka dot paper straws, each with their own custom party flag. I love how each bottle was tied up in beautiful purple grosgrain ribbon. Water bottles were also in costume to play their role on the dessert table. I think beverage wraps add so much to that coordinated look, don’t you?
Interested in more eye candy from Sweet Scarlet Designs? Be sure to join them on Facebook!
Looking for spooky party supplies for your spookalicious Halloween party? We think youll love these party sources put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew:
- Lighted Branches With 60 Purple LEDs
- Stretchable Spider Web Decoration (Purple)
- Halloween Led Candles St of 3 (Purple)
- Wilton Purple Cake Sparkles
- Halloween Coffin Silverware Caddy, 3 Lidded Boxes per Package
- Halloween Cupcake Wrappers, Purple
- Halloween Party Costume Mask – Purple
- Water Beads Makes 1 Quart (Purple)
- Black Glitter Table Runner
- 4-Piece Grippy Halloween Cookie Cutter Set
- 2-Pack Purple Glittered Black Spiders
- 3-Pack Paper Lanterns, 9-1/2-Inch
- 100-Pack Vintage Paper Straws, Purple Chevron
- 4 Piece Mason Jar Mugs (17.5 oz ea) Purple
- Heavyweight “Looks Like Silver” Disposable Flatware for 40
- Vintage 3 Tier Dessert Plate Serving Stand Silver
- Chevron Stripe SILVER Food Treat & Favor Paper Bags 24 Pk
Be sure to check out more Halloween party ideas here:
- A Halloween Party for Older Kids
- Halloween Party Decorations with Sparkle
- 451 Free Halloween Printables